.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 87 - Hola Mi Amigos! Las Palmas Restorante!



Hello Everyone!


I hope this finds you well & keeping warm! It's started to cool off a little more & I'm already looking forward to my next trip to Mexico! I'm sure Valentina is too!!! :o)


Let's see, where was I last? Oh yes, I was en route for Red Deer to visit Roxy & then meet up with Janis, Caleb & Robyn...


I never did hear from Dr. Castillo - I waited until 1445 before I left for Roxy's house. I thought I would just call him on Monday when I've got the entire day to wait for his call back.


I stopped in Cochrane to get a new battery, but they had just closed the mechanic shop & I'm not comfortable changing anything with a possibility of shock. Luckily, the car started again & it was off to Safeway. Groceries! Whoo hoo! Fresh fruit! Top up the car with fuel & I was off like a dirty shirt! :o)


I rolled, or rather, slid into Roxy's & Kevin's at 2000. I met their friend Misty who was also staying over to take a course nearby the following morning. We sat up until late, gabbing & chatting & laughing. Valentina & Annie, Roxy's Miniature Pinscher played famously. Roxy has officially become my dog training guru. She is heavy into the Dog Whisperer & also At The End Of My Leash. She helped me understand the way Valentina ticks, so that was awesome! I learned a lot & look forward to applying the new techniques! 


The next morning, we visited some more & before we knew it, it was time to get crackin' if we were going to meet Janis, Caleb & Robyn for dinner. We had planned on eating at a healthy cafe. Okay, let's meet there. Wait! It's closed! Okay, the greek place. Wait! It's closed too! Lastly, we finally found the Mexican restaurant across the road open! Good thing, as I was good & hungry by then!!! 


We enjoyed a wonderful meal & great conversation. Robyn is getting married in 2 weeks in the Mayan Riviera - my personal favourite part of Mexico! Janis is joining her in Mexico, but not before a sweet little stop in Florida! Caleb is her adorable & perfect son. He's just over a year & had the most stunning blue eyes you ever did see!


After a quick catch up, Janis was headed home & Robyn had a list your arm long of wedding preparations! I'm so happy for her & can't wait to see the photos & hear ALL about it! Congratulations girl & I wish I could be there! 


It was back to Roxy's, but I packed up & headed home shortly, as she had a jewelry party to attend, & was later headed to the neighbour's for the evening. I had a wonderful time, as always! Roxy is a very dear friend & I am sad I don't get that way more often! Time for change!


Driving home was relatively quick. It only took 2 hours, but I have realized that driving is just not for me. I'll sit in the back seat, read, nap, work on my computer, anything but sitting & staring at the oncoming traffic. Snore! It's so hard to stay awake! I've got ADD when I'm behind the wheel! (And a whole lot of other places too!) :o)


I made a few phone calls & then hit the hay! It was going to be an early start tomorrow! 


Love & hugs,
Maria & Valentina
xxxx



Roxy, Robyn, Janis & Caleb - What a fabulous bunch!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments regarding Caleb - I agree, but I'm biased ;) Had a great time seeing you as well! Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been