.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Day 76 - Manta, Ecuador

Hello everyone!


I hope this finds you well! My apologies for not posting anything for the past few days! It’s been busy!

Today was Manta. I’ve been here once before & I’m sorry to say, it wasn’t that exciting. Last year, Jaco & I spent 1.5 hrs at the crafts market, had a fight about something & then came back to the ship in silence. Fun, huh?

Perhaps it was that lingering memory that helped me form my opinion for this year, but who knows? I took a shuttle to a local mall, visited the crafts market again & then came back to the ship. Jaco had to work, so I was on my own. I didn’t feel comfortable taking a taxi by myself, so I was restricted to the shuttle. :o(

I bumped into the Captain & his wife at the craft market & they offered me a ride to the ship in their private shuttle, so I joined them. I think the Captain has officially out done me in the game of shopping. It’s impressive! :o) Anyhow, I was visiting with his wife & the two of them had taken a tour outside of the city & she said it was really beautiful. She was so impressed she said she’d even consider moving there! Funny how two experiences of the same place can be so dramatically different!

Manta is the tuna capital of the world! Next time you have a tuna sandwich; I’ve sailed through the waters where that little fishy once swam! Alongside the pier you can see the fishing boats loading the day’s catch into the trucks. It was fascinating to watch!

FYI – the Panama hat originated in Ecuador. :o)

Have a great night & I’ll see you tomorrow!!!

Love & hugs,
Maria y Jaco
xxxx


This is how we make Panama hats!


Making the hats - all day long!


The finished product


Mini Panama Hats!


Tuna boat empties into tuna truck


Tuna, tuna, tuna


Tuna Boat


About to empty into the truck


Here fishy, fishy, fishy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been