.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 88 - Almost Unpacked!

Howdy Friends!


Well, today certainly didn't turn out as expected! I had planned to go in & visit Madelaine (Mom2) & spend the night with her, after watching her client horseback ride. Mom2 works with special needs children & she takes one of them riding several times per week. Unfortunately, my car had other plans. It didn't start this morning. :o( It had cooled off a lot more than the previous few nights, so the ol' Camry (Contemplate, I call her, as she has no stereo) didn't want to budge. 


I called Mom2 & it looks like Wednesday will work instead. This gives me a few more days to get the battery issue sorted out! 


Valentina & I curled up in bed again & had a nice lie in. Today would be the day to unpack. Well, by 1300, I finally got moving. I started to unpack & shuffle things around. Making space in a small space is always a challenge. Really, I think it's just a big shuffle. One place looks tidy, while the other looks awful...


Mom's friend, Judy, came out with her dog, Skipper. It was fun to watch Valentina interact with another dog in her 'territory'. She did quite well & they played the entire time. Valentina only growled twice! It was the first dog she's encountered in her space. 


Shortly before Judy arrived, I hopped on the treadmill for a bit of a walk. Surprisingly enough, Valentina wanted to join me. After her brief brush with death, er, the fast moving tread & the wall - she hopped on heading the opposite direction - we slowed things down & she was able to stay on with me. We picked up the pace & soon enough she was trotting right alongside me! What a clever girl! 


Mom & Judy went for a walk & just before they arrived home, my good friend, Michael, & his friend, Nick, showed up! I worked with Michael at GAP Adventures - NOTHING to do with the clothing store! He sells adventure travel. If you want to go somewhere exotic & off the beaten path, Michael is your man! 1-403-283-5575 Anyhow, after that little plug, it was great to catch up & visit. I'm excited to visit Michael in his new 'pad'. He recently moved & I haven't been by to see his new place! Michael is an avid climber - any mountain, be it rock or ice, he's there! He's seen some amazing places! His next trip is to Borneo! Wow! And he just visited the Galapagos! Someday!


They enjoyed Valentina's tricks & cuddling with Adios, until he became so relaxed he drooled all over Michael's wrist! Sorry about that! Nick is headed to Ireland for 2 weeks with a stopover in Amsterdam! Sounds like a blast! 


We talked about a tobogganing party/bonfire, so hopefully we can make that materialize before the winter slips away! Not to worry, there are still many months of snow & cold left here! Hurrah.


They left for home, after a full day of Bragg Creek, Elbow Falls & the Ranch. Thanks for the fantastic visit gentleman! Can't wait to do it again!


Mom & I had supper, worked on a list of what I'm currently doing for my health & what I could be doing for my health. Take a guess at which list is bigger!!! :o) Lots to do! We gave each other hot oil treatments for our hair, so the entire house smells like Tiare & Frangipani flowers. If I close my eyes & shove my toe into one of my bags of sand, I'll be right back in Bora Bora! :o)


If you've got a little extra time, say a little prayer for me in the hopes that I will hear positive news from Dr. Castillo tomorrow. Love & hugs,


Maria & Valentina
xxxxx



Gettin' fit!



If you're gonna run with the big dogs...



I almost put 'Lucky B****', but I will rather say - Michael & Nick - Travel-minded friends are always fun!



Adios falling asleep at the table as we dine!



Mom helping with the 'I am/Could be' list 



1 comments:

Jenn said...

Ok. You and Addios need to cuddle up and REST! I know this is a hard challeng for you but I hope it made your "could be doing" list. Valentina on the treadmill is priceless!! Praying for good news from the doc today. xoxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been