.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 92 - Praise & Prayers

Hello Everyone!


Well, today was fairly mild. I slept as much as I could after that horrible fever all night. I was up at 0330, 0530, 0830... I felt 'icky' for the better part of the day - not sure what's up, but we'll see what tomorrow brings!


I spent most of the day in my pj's in & out of bed, with lil' Miss V by my side keeping us both warm! She is so cuddly! I'm so lucky!


Michael, from GAP Adventures, popped out with his friend Kelsy & they toured around the yard looking for some good spots to make a little Indie Film. I set them loose & the next thing I know, I look over & here they are on top of the bale stacks! Ha! I have climbed on the bales since I was about 12! It brought back great memories. Julie & I used to play on them all the time! Oh what fun!


Kelsy had a cup of tea & actually liked it! He has only ever had one cup of tea before in his entire life & he didn't care for it, so he never tried another cup of tea again. Until today! I sent him home with the rest of the packet & another flavour to try on another day. I'm a bit of a nut for tea, so it's hard for me to imagine not having tried teas all my life! When I visited Russia, I stumbled across this quaint tea house & brought back many different teas. They would stamp the brown paper bag & write in Cyrillic calligraphy what kind of tea it was. I loved it! 


Okay, enough of tea time! I heard from Jaco & we have decided to pursue the low dose chemo in Mexico. After a very teary talk, I have agreed to have the work-up done at the Tom Baker with my Oncologist & then pursue the treatment in Mexico. At the end of the three weeks, we will know where we stand. The only trouble is, it's another month before I get to Mexico. So, here's to kicking the pants off this ridiculously stubborn 'thing' that doesn't want to let go of my body. Hey, I wouldn't want to let me go either! Ha ha... Just kidding!!! I think it could be the most stubborn thing I've ever met - worse than me! And that says a lot!!!


On a very exciting note, there is a new Doctor's office opening in Bragg Creek! I spoke with the gentleman today who rents the building & he said Jaco could have the job as soon as he has his registration! Petro, Shilise, if you're reading this, when Jaco gets home, light that fire under his tush to get me his CV - ASAP!! :o) This would be fantastic! A short drive to work - maybe 10 minutes, he would make his own hours, no on call duty, close to the city, but far enough away, the mountains at our doorstep... And of course, friends & family in close proximity. Say a little prayer that this possibility transpires into a reality!


Tonight Mom & I braved the foggy weather & headed into the city for Prayers. We met at Neil's house & shortly thereafter, Bob & Lawrence arrived. We pray for people we know who need it or have asked for prayers, we prayed for Haiti & her people, the list goes on & on. If you know of someone or yourself, let me know! It works! Remember Joanne that I asked you to pray for? She made it to her son's wedding & was discharged on Christmas day! The Doctor's said they'd never seen anyone recover as quickly as she did! Whoo hoo! She's not out of the fire yet, but she's a lot better off than she was! Thank you for your prayers!


I'm off to bed now, as Mom & I are headed into the city first thing in the morning. I have a court date - unpaid parking ticket that turned into a conviction while I was away. Can you say 'FUN'? Blah. Mom has a meeting, so I'll hitch a ride & save myself the stress of driving on rubbish winter roads! 


Until tomorrow... stay warm & hug the person next to you... Or the next person you see... Hopefully you know them! :o)
Maria & Valentina
xxxx



Mom, can you come fluff my pillow please? Yes, she always sleeps under the covers & likes to keep her head out!



Boys having fun on the bales!



Every girl needs a fur stole to wear, right?



Sleeping in my jacket - keeping us both toasty!



2 comments:

Jenn said...

Jill I am so glad to hear that you and Jaco have come up with an attack plan that you agree on!! I am so pumped about the opportunity in Bragg, wouldn't that be awesome!? Not as awesome as Pincher but I'll take it :) Love the pics of Valentina... service dog?? not so sure :) Good luck with the ticket!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I can't believe it's almost time for you to go back to Mexico already! I'm thinking of you often, & hoping that the chemo does the trick. That would be so great if Jaco could be the Dr in Bragg Creek :) Take care!! Robyn

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been