.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Day 282 - Rain & Skeeters

Well, day one of a routine went 50/50. I didn't get up when I scheduled myself to & I certainly didn't stick to the time restrictions of the allotted spaces for events. Good thing I get another new day to try again! I did discover that I can neatly print my 'day' in iCal. I do love my Mac!


The larger part of the day was spent talking with my husband. Well, rather, trying. His laptop doesn't seem to want to work with the MagicJack. He could speak through his phone on Skype, which I couldn't! If I could figure that out, then I'd be fine! I tried to troubleshoot his MagicJack, but it was a challenge, as I couldn't talk to him at the same time. His headset requires the USB port & so does the MagicJack. He could hear me, but I couldn't hear him. Additionally, he types, er, rather slow. My patience is, er, rather underdeveloped, so you can just imagine! 


Finally, I realized that I could set my Skype to work with my MagicJack & talk on the cordless phone! Whoo hoo! So, I'm calling & I'm calling & he's not answering! I finally call on the home phone (for $0.80/min!) & his Mom says he just walked outside! 20 minutes later, he returns!


I'm happy that the phone works through Skype, but that's not why we bought it! I have given him instructions to take his laptop, phone & MagicJack to the local internet cafe (3 blocks away) & try to get it working there. If he can get it working there, hopefully it will work at home & at least he'll know how to use it! Then he can leave it at home & his Mom & Dad can call anytime they want! 


I trained the dogs a little bit. It's been ages since I tried to teach Valentina anything new. She's so clever! Or maybe just food motivated! We tried 'touch', 'stare', & 'settle down'. She had them all figured out so we'll see how today's lesson goes. 


Oceana, on the other hand, will need a lot of TLC. I started with Valentina's lesson in my room, with Oceana locked out. I reversed their locations when it was Ocean's turn. Before I'd even asked her for the first command, she'd piddled 3x in my room. Right. We'll go to the kitchen I think! She did quite well. She's so submissive, it's difficult to get her to do anything. Either that or she's really lazy! In any case, we also worked on touch, stare & gimme 5 & roll over. Stare is a challenge for me because her eyes are so dark I can't tell if she's actually looking at me! I have to stare at her! Gimme 5 was pretty much nudging her paw until she just held it in the air & looked at me as if to say, 'Are you kidding me?' Roll over went well, but not without a lot of coaxing to get her all the way around. Stay tuned for more Wiener Escapades! 


****UPDATE****
Apparently Mom has decided to keep her. I didn't dare ask her how many times she changes her socks, as I'm sure she'd be on the phone trying to find a home for Oceana. I told her we're going to sign a contract & she can NEVER give away the dog. When Jaco & I have a place, Oceana will join her sister. (Hence why I'm starting the training process!) So, for now, Oceana is safe & sound! Amen to that!


I've been reading through the manual for my camera. I realized that I didn't know a whole lot about it. It's 200 pages long! The other day Mom asked me if I'd meant to throw out the manual for my other camera (a point & shoot). I said yes. Mom asked me, 'Well, what if you sell it? Don't you think they'll want it?' I said, 'If they can't figure out the camera, maybe they shouldn't have bought it.' Does that make me a hypocrite? :o) Oopsie!


Lastly, I'm going to share with you my dream from last night. I had difficulties sleeping. I was in bed by 2330 (early for me!) & woke up when Mom got home (0130). I was really restless & super hot. When I finally fell back asleep, I dreamt about Brad & Angelina! They came for supper in a little orange car. It was a European design & a vintage model. (I wish I had a photo of it!) Mom was making dinner (of course) & she was also making meals to freeze & eat later. She asked me to stir them, but she'd filled the containers WAY TOO FULL! I was spilling everywhere. Brangelina were sitting at this little table chatting away. Mom decided she was going to pass out. I told her to sit down & put her head between her legs. She ignored me. Although she didn't pass out, she disappeared from the kitchen. Maybe she went & laid down? Anyhow, with Brad & Angelina to myself, I started asking Angelina questions about her humanitarian work with the UN. We just got into it when something came up & they had to leave. 


I walked with them to their car & when we got to the parking lot, there were about 20 other people there, all staff. Bodyguards, drivers, stylists, you name it! I said I wanted a photo of them & myself, so we ran to get a camera. I don't know whose it was, but it didn't have a memory card. It was a long-ish walk to the house, so Angelina offered to drive me down to the parking lot & I could get the camera out of my purse. I hopped in the orange car on the opposite side (Right side drive) & when I got in the car started to take off. It had dual controls! I stared at Angelina as she was on the outside of the car. She didn't seem concerned, but I was when I pumped the brakes & they didn't work! There were little kids playing in the street! I sailed through a light that thankfully turned green at the last minute, only realizing that I should have turned there! Now I was lost in the outskirts of Red Deer. Yes, Red Deer. I ended up in the next town of Mykonos. Yes, Mykonos, Greece. (I really, REALLY wish I was in the Med) There were beautiful white buildings, winding, narrow streets & beautiful blue green ocean. I managed to find out how to work the brakes & when I stopped to ask for help to get back to my 'street', 4 Scottish couple crawled into the car. They knew the model of car & were very excited to see such one in mint condition! They also knew how to drive it, so I could relax! 


While I was 'relaxing', my cell phone rang. Apparently I was supposed to be doing a photo shoot in Calgary for a friend. I told her I was lost in Red Deer & it was storming (big black clouds were coming when I looked out the window). She was livid. She hollered & then hung up on me. Whoops. When we finally made it back to the Brangelina parking lot, they were gone! )o; No souvenir photo for me. I doubt they'll ever come for dinner again, seeing as I ran away with their car! And they have busy schedules too, I suppose! Anyhow, their Agent was still there waiting for me & he wasn't too happy either. At least the Scots were happy! 


Oh! One last thing... I was shown this little clip & I have to share it with you... It is one of the best things I've heard in a really long time... Possibly ever. I hope you'll laugh as hard as I did... Enjoy!


Oh & btw, it rained today & the mozzies are HORRIBLE!!! You go outside & instantly you have about 20 mosquitos on you! So, I didn't go out at all!


Have a blessed day!
Maria, Valentina & Oceana
xxxxxx


The lilies in the kitchen nicely backlit.


Saskatchewan's Provincial Flower




1 comments:

Jenn said...

HAHA! I hope I wasn't the livid friend...?!? Sorry if I was! Your dreams crack me up. Lay off the junk food before bed :) Maybe they're a side effect of mosquito bites??

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been