.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 309 - Cold Day At Home & A New Website! (Not mine though!)

I’m time traveling to catch up on the blog. Jaco & I didn’t do a whole lot today. I recuperated from the busy night we had last night & Jaco did his workout. We were going to go to the city to watch the finale of the fireworks, but by the time I got showered, dressed & ready to go, I was exhausted. We were going to go with Carl, but I called him & told him we were officially standing him up. He didn’t sound too let down, so hopefully we’re not in his bad books! Additionally, it was cold outside & the dark clouds drifting in from the west didn’t look too promising for fireworks weather. It looks like 2011 is going to have to be the bumper year for fireworks. I missed Thunder in the Valley & Global Fest! I’ll hone my tripod/cable release skills in the meantime! :o)

Jaco & I were in our pj’s by 1900 & we lazed around the house for the rest of the night. Mom came home around 2300 & caught me making another batch of perogies. I swear, her nose is like a bloodhound’s on the trail for homemade perogies when she knows I don’t share ‘my precious perogies’. I gave her two bites. And all the onions, of course.

Jaco & I were playing around on the internet when I had the inkling to search for my friend, Nicole's website. We'd talked about a month ago about creating websites, as we are both photographers. I hadn't heard from her lately, so I just did a 'google'. Nothing came up. No kidding, 5 seconds later I get an email from Nicole announcing the launch of her website! How crazy is that!?! I'm pretty excited for her & feeling a little guilty, as I need to get my butt in gear & get my site up & running! Check out her website: Derkson Englot Photography. She does amazing work - equine photography is her speciality, but she's very diverse!

Mom had been to the Personal Best 10 year reunion this evening. She came home to tell me that some of the folks there claimed that my Dad is now ‘married’ according to Facebook. I later joked with Jaco that night that I was the true epitome of ‘Trailer Trash’. I am 31 years old, I live in a house trailer with my Mother & my Husband. I went to bed in gray sweatpants & a gray hoodie. My Mom’s ‘friend’ emails me about checking out my Mom’s butt & what should he do & then I hear via Facebook that my Dad is remarried!?!?! I told Jaco that he & I are going to have to watch a few episodes of The Trailer Park Boys to make myself feel better!

**Please note – I still don’t know if my Dad is remarried & Mom’s friend was being funny. Ill-timed, but funny.**

On that note, I’m going to wear my mullet wig these next few days & prop up the hood of Contemplate in front of the house. Maybe I’ll use a little duct tape here & there to finish off my Trailer Trash experience.

I’m going to go to bed now & dream about bingo, big mudder trucks, beer bellies & poor dental hygiene. (Okay, so I’ve got a few more steps to complete before I achieve bonafide Trailer Trash status) (Phew!)

xxxxx
Maria, Jaco & Valentina


The kids have a lazy day at home...



A new favourite pic.








1 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my stars, you kill me!! TPT Jill, trailer park trash. Don't give up on your dental hygiene just yet, ok?!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been