.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 293 - Here's Jacoooooooo!

Ugh. There's nothing like the feeling of death. I felt like rubbish from the moment I woke up. I slept until 1100 when Mom made me some pancakes with fruit for breakfast. I was feeling so ill I didn't even put a drop of maple syrup on them. That should tell you everything right there! 


I managed to eat 1.5 pancakes, some blueberries, saskatoons & raspberries. I also noticed 5 hairs on the edge of my plate. Oh dear. It's happening. Although, at that moment, I was feeling far too poor to care! 


I pretty much laid in bed. I couldn't read, I couldn't really keep my eyes open, but I couldn't sleep either. Naturally I laid around too long & then it was time to get ready to go to the airport to collect Jaco. I had decided to ask Mom to drive me. I would go in to fetch him & then we would drive back home. Of course, my wonderful Mom agreed. I could not decide a thing to save my soul today, so Mom helped me pick out my wardrobe. Wig included. 


I have a very strong romantic attachment to meeting your loved one at the airport. Call me crazy. Maybe I watched Love, Actually one too many times. Perhaps it was that one volunteer shift I did at the airport 10+ years ago. I was supposed to welcome tourism officials to Calgary, but spent most of my time sniffling & teary eyed over the reunited lovers, family members & stories of long distance love. Maybe I'm just a sap. But in any case, I was bound & determined to meet my man at the airport. Even if I was dressing incognito!


As expected, Mom & I left one hour late for the airport. I was worried that my husband would grow impatient & just take a taxi to Bragg Creek for $100+. Too ill to drive myself, I griped about my Mother's driving skills pretty much the entire way there. I hopped out of the car & darted in to the appropriate doors. It was mayhem. How on Earth was I to find my jet-lagged & exhausted hubby in this mess!? There were people everywhere! Oh my. I strolled around looking for him. I gathered a few bizarre looks - I love a good raised eyebrow now & then - but I kept on searching. THERE HE WAS!


Okay, now what to do? I could see him looking around, not sure where to go & also looking for me. I hid behind the pillar to see which side he would come around so I could surprise him. He came around the pillar but was looking in the exact opposite direction & he didn't turn around. He started to walk away. So I followed him. 


Here I am, tiptoeing behind him, waiting for him to turn around & see me. He's walking. And he's walking. And he's walking. Is he ever going to stop? Finally he stops. He looks around. All the way around. He finally sees me, but he doesn't recognize me. I smile at him & then he realizes it's me! I laugh & of course, we hug & we kiss! Yay! He's finally here! 


We went out to the parking lot & Mom was just pulling around, so we hopped in the car & we were off! He was quite jet-lagged, so we didn't visit too much. I was still feeling rubbish from round 3 (ding ding), thus it was a pretty quite night. I set my alarm for 0100 to take my pill & it was lights out. Hmm, perhaps having Jaco around can turn me into an early sleeper yet! You see, there IS always hope! :o)


Lekker slaap!
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Maria, Jaco & Valentina


I feel like I should be in 'The Saint' with Val Kilmer or something.

Remind you of anyone?

He finally found me! Reunited at last!

Jaco's 'Welcome Gift' - 'Look & Feel Canadian Instantly' Magic Life-Transforming  Breathspray (As used by some of the World's finest people & some bears)

Back of package reads:

"You may have read about Canadians in books or watched documentaries about their country on TV. But you probably never imagined that you could be part of this alternative lifestyle... for less than the cost of a glass of beer.

Now, for a limited time, Jesus Had A Sister Productions offers you the unique opportunity to look & feel Canadian. Instantly experience an enhanced appreciation of fresh water lakes, rippling streams, moose, squirrels, bears, maple syrup & loons. Discover simple pleasures like trout fishing, snowshoeing, wiener roasts, and campfire sing-a-longs. 

**Igloo & caribou sold separately

Manufacturer's Warning: Physical results may vary. In emergency situations, may be used as bug spray."

:o)




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely "welcome gift" for Jaco...may be used as bug spray...hahaha! And you are correct, I've also seen "Love, Actually" and the airport is THE place to witness love! Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been