.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, August 06, 2010

Day 287 - Jenn To The Rescue!

What was supposed to be a quiet weekend has now turned into a chaotic one! After my late night of computer biz, I suddenly found myself with the following schedule:

  1. Triathlon kit pick-up with Jenn & Wal-mart for Rubbermaid bins this afternoon
  2. Miss Foxy Bron visits tomorrow afternoon
  3. Visit Janis, Dustin & Caleb in K-Country tomorrow evening
  4. Photograph Jenn's 1st Triathlon on Sunday morning
Oh dear! That didn't take long! In a matter of an hour I had the entire weekend fill up! I think the start of the week will be busy as well - I've got to make room in the room for Jaco! I can barely fit myself in here, let alone him too! Yikes! Plus, I'm hoping to meet with Al & Wilma & Sylvia will also be in town! 

I called Krystle today. She's due tomorrow. She said she's no where near ready to have the baby. We were both comforting each other about not doing much & not feeling guilty for it. Just taking the time needed to rest & listen to our bodies. I joked & said the only difference is that she wants her baby to grow & keep him. I want my 'baby' to perish & disappear!!!! I'm so excited for her & Ross! I can't wait to meet Baby Brown! 

I visited Joe & Duane at EVIC for a few minutes today. The phones were busy, so I didn't stay long! Shauna was busy on her fam trip, so perhaps I'll see her over the weekend or on Monday.

Valentina & Oceana were quite excited to have their 'off leash' time on the way back from EVIC. Valentina gets to play fetch & my 'pitching' arm is getting better, although I missed Oceana by a few hairs the one throw! Whoopsie! 

Jenn arrived at the house moments after I'd walked in. We were off to the city to pick up her goodies for her 1st Triathlon. I'm so excited for her!!! I am even more excited that she asked me to take some photos of her big day! I can't wait to snap away!!! Her 'team' colour is orange, so the entire family is decking out in orange on Sunday. I found some BRIGHT orange poster paper at Wal-Mart this evening, so tomorrow I'll make a few signs, much to her dismay! :o) I'm so proud of her! What an accomplishment this will be! 

We went to Market Mall for a bite to eat & while we were eating (the mall had just closed) along past our window whizzes the Mall Zamboni driver! It was so funny to see! I'd never seen one before & the driver was clearly enjoying himself. Jenn & I had quite a chuckle about how cool his job was!

Due to a change in their life situation, the Burnett's will be heading to Jenn's parents place for awhile. I'm happy their life is (finally) taking a long overdue upswing, but I am so sad they are going to be moving further away. I have so thoroughly enjoyed having her close by & someone I can hop over to visit in 20 minutes or less! I haven't had that for a VERY long time! I will miss her & her beautiful family so much! **Sniff, sniff**

On that note, I'm going to call it a night... It's late already & the weekend is a busy one! Enjoy your weekend & I hope the weather is stunning, wherever you are!

xxxxx
Maria & Valentina

Long line of Triathlete's!

How useful do you think this speed limit sign is when it's stuck next to a building & in a parking lot?

Whee! Zamboni Man zips along!

He was definitely doing doughnuts around the Kernels Popcorn kiosk!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been