.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 303 - Eat Pray Love & The Burnett Bunch!

This morning Jaco & I left for Fort McLeod. We were off to see Mike & Jenn & the kids. Mike has been waiting to hear on a start date for a new job & we wanted to see the whole family before he left for work. 


We had made plans to go for dinner & a movie this evening. Jenn & I had decided that we would see Eat Pray Love. When we arrived, they thought that East Side Mario's would be a wise choice for dinner. 

We visited for a few hours in the afternoon, Jenn took Harrison & I on a little tour of the ranch where her parents live, while Jaco & Mike chatted inside. Harrison played on his slide/jungle gym while Jenn & I caught up on the past few weeks. They've only moved recently, but it feels like ages since I've seen them last! 

Little Miss Heidi has grown so much! She's still got that sweet, sweet smile - I think she'll always melt my heart! And Harrison's vocabulary is growing as much as he is! He was excited to see 'Aunty Jo' when we pulled into the yard. They are truly two wonderful children! 

I helped Jenn edit a few photos & now that I know what she's after, I can finish up the rest for her. Before we knew it, it was time to leave for town. We climbed into the minivan & headed for Lethbridge. 

I have previously only eaten at East Side Mario's once - a LONG time ago. I surprised Collet for her 22nd birthday & we had the surprise party at East Side Mario's. It has been 8 years since we were there - needless to say, I don't remember what the meal was like. (It was a great surprise party, though!)

We each ordered a yummy drink & soon the salad, soup & bread arrived. They feed you as much as you like prior to the arrival of your main course. We each enjoyed our main dishes. We each ordered something very different from the next person, they have a great menu! Of course, a little desert was in order, hello Peanut Butter Stack! Mike & I share a fondness for PB!!! 

We visited for awhile after the meal & then it was time to head out to the movie. I was so excited to see the film. Perhaps too excited. I should have known. The book is ALWAYS better than the movie. It wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't as good as I was expecting. The Eat or Italian part of the movie was hilarious & perfect. The Pray or Indian part of the film was okay. The momentum was lost somewhere in this section. By the time Bali or Love rolled around, it was getting hard to sit still. At just over 2 hours, it was a tad drawn out. 
I love Julia Roberts & I loved the book. I could watch the Italian section over & over. Sigh. I miss Italy. My fingers are already crossed that Jaco will get a contract in the Mediterranean. I could SO be Julia Roberts on a 'leave no carbs behind' diet in the Med. Who am I kidding, my pants barely fit now!

I should also mention that it was FREEZING when we left East Side Mario's. We were so cold, in fact, that we ordered tea at the theatre! How crazy is that!? A - that it was that cold & B - they sold hot tea! Naturally we cranked the heat in the van on the way home... Brrr! 

We said goodnight to Jenn & Mike & thanked them for a great date night. We ventured off to the RV for a cozy night's rest...

Lekker slaap,
Maria, Jaco & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

T-Rex hits up East Side Mario's

Mama Jay, T-Rex, & Papa M.Bee

Even dinosaurs need lovin'!

The party animal sleeps


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been