.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, August 09, 2010

Day 290 - Runnin' Roxy & Burnett Boxes

So I filled you in on my lovely headache experience through the previous night - I'm glad to say it was LONG gone when I woke up! That was a rough one, if I do say so myself! 


The little dogs woke me up with their incessant & unnecessary barking. Grrr. I worked on the blog posts & then headed out into the world. Well, maybe just the kitchen. Roxy was hard at work on Mom's books, but stopped to chat for a bit. We made plans to go for lunch once Mom got home from the city. I thought it would be best for me to get ready, but of course I got sidetracked!


I thought I ought to tidy things up a bit & make some space for my husband in my room! I quickly filled 2 bins with 'stuff' (still worth keeping!) & managed to clear a shelf in the bathroom, a space in the closet, a shelf in the closet & a shelf in the small wardrobe. Not bad! 


I still have a lot to tidy & organize before he gets here, so tomorrow will be busy. I spoke with him on Skype today & he is set on getting a hotel room & cabbing it out to Bragg Creek on Friday. I told him it's not an option! Besides, cabbing it to Bragg Creek is preposterous! Nobody cabs it to the middle of nowhere! Adding to that, I won't get to shock him with my 'mysterious wig' & outfit! He won't recognize his wife & that will be more fun for me! :o)


My Taslie gift packs arrived today - even the gift wrap is plant based & biodegradable! I packaged up the rest of the baby gifts & they are all ready to deliver. So are some of the Moms! ;oP Thanks Tami!


Roxy & I ended up dining in Bragg Creek at the Boardwalk Cafe. She treated me to a delicious soup & sandwich. It was a curry soup & boy, was it every good! My curry taste buds are a bit selective, but they approved! I caught up on what's happening in her world these days. She's a busy girl! Adding to her already busy life, she's decided to run a full marathon this October in Niagara Falls. It's the only marathon that is held in 2 different countries simultaneously! She starts on the US side & ends up on the Canadian side. Yesterday she ran 24 kms, her longest distance yet! And I thought I was doing great to do 5 kms! Hah! 


It was intriguing & inspiring to hear about her training process & all the interesting snippets that I would have never thought of! Roxy also eats a mainly raw diet, so she always has something new on the menu. I'll be anxious to hear all about her marathon come October. 


On that note, my friends are making me feel quite lazy - Triathlon, Marathon... hmm... Maybe I should catch on to this little trend... Could I do a marathon while I'm on chemo? Half of me says, 'Don't be crazy!', while the other half says, 'Crazy? Count me in!' And then reality hits & that would mean giving up my weekly dose of chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Ooooh, I was so close! :o)


Roxy dropped me off at home & was on her way to see her husband, Kevin. They were headed to Brooks for her sister's farewell party. Jamie, her sister, is relocating her family to Pennsylvania, where her husband got a new job. No doubt a tearful farewell is in store!


I hopped out of Roxy's car & into Mom's. She was headed to Cochrane to her windup Toastmaster's BBQ, so I thought I would pop in at the Burnett's & help them pack. Luckily they just arrived home about the time we drove into Cochrane. I was happy I was there early enough to see Heidi & Harrison still awake. I took 'Tina' so Harrison could play with her one last time. :o( After Harrison went to bed, Valentina was depressed. It was quite cute. Heidi is up & at it everywhere! Crazy! I can't believe how much she's grown! Still so happy & smiley! 


Jenn & I managed to pack up most of the kitchen & poor Mike carried box after box all by himself to the van & then to storage! Jenn was grateful for the help, but I felt like there was still so much more to be done! If I only had the time to help them out! I am hoping they can stop on the weekend to meet Jaco. I'm really going to miss them! The lump in my throat was a giant one. I was glad Jenn was far enough away & Mom was on the phone, as I couldn't have spoken if I'd wanted to! 


I stopped at Safeway & bought some rice crackers & 7 layer dip. I thought I bought the seafood kind. Nope, it was the Mexican kind. With guacamole. It was dark & I'd already eaten about 6 mouthfuls when I realized it wasn't sour cream. I'm sensitive, not allergic, to avocados. I get horrible belly pains & I look like I'm a few months pregnant. Tonight was no exception. I wasn't feeling so hot by the time I made it home.


I knew it was time to go to bed when my tummy rumbled & Valentina 'woofed' at it. Then a bug flew in my mouth while I was brushing my teeth. Lovely. On that note... I hope your day ran smooth, sans bugs & tummy troubles!


Love & hugs,
Valentina & Maria
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoo


Runnin' Roxy on the go!

Valentina gets a bug!

Harrison hams it up for Aunty 'Jo'

Heidi Jo grinnin' & goin'

Tweet Pea lets Heidi have a play

The fabulous & now famous 'Mama J'


1 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh Jill! You are just too much! You have helped us so much, in so many ways! We are not terribly far, just a bit too far to borrow a cup of sugar. You are welcome to visit the farm anytime!! Love you tons!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been