.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Day 288 - Bronwen & The Art Class...




Phew. It's a busy weekend! Today Bronwen came to visit. I met Bronwen at a pub in South Calgary when I went to listen to Jessica sing. I commented on her beef dip looking yummy & she offered a bite. I declined, but sat down & visited with her instead. She has a 9 year old Rottweiler, named Roxy, and we had a great time talking about our dogs & traveling. I invited her out to the ranch & she decided to come out this weekend. 

We had a great chat & only realized how nice it was outside when she went to leave! I told her to bring Roxy out next time & we'll take the hounds for a walk. We also went through my beading stuff, as she wants to start making some jewelry... Should be fun to get creative together!!! 

After she left, I decided to visit Janis & Dustin. They were camping at a group campground on the north end of Kananaskis Country. I took the dogs & drove through a flash hail storm on my way. Once there, I met Janis, Dustin, Caleb & all their friends. One fellow had biked from Airdrie (!!), one couple was from Kamloops & the rest were mostly from Calgary. I enjoyed visiting with a Chiropractor & his wife, a Dental Hygienist who works WAAAAAAAY up north for one week a month. She was telling me that South African Doctors fly in & work for one month & then fly back home. That's how desperate they are for Doctors! Hmmm... I could smell a sunny way to make it through winter! :o)

Janis helped me make signs for Jenn's triathlon tomorrow. Janis is an amazing artist, so how happy was I when I realized I could sneak her talents in to sketch some letters! The orange paper was so bright we were colouring in the letters until 2300! It was nearly glow-in-the-dark! 

And Caleb. Wow! What a smartypants! I am so amazed at his vocabulary! He is 21 months & Janis counted over 170 words the little guy uses! I was impressed! I asked her what she's done - her secret - they never talk 'baby talk' to him & they read A LOT of books. 8+/day. My kids will be bookworms! Maybe I'll catch on one day too! :o) I love the fact that I can experience my friends becoming parents & observe the skills & tools they use. No pressure for myself as a parent, though! :oP 

Interestingly enough, I met Carl. Who's Carl? Well, when I met Bronwen the first time, she commented on wanting to go to the World Cup in South Africa. Of course I encouraged her to go, but she didn't have anyone to go with. The next day I met up with Janis & Dustin, who had just visited their friend Carl. Who was going to the World Cup. Who had extra tickets. He was hoping to trade the tickets for accommodation. I immediately thought of Bronwen & my pals in SA who would love to have a few Canadians crash on their sofas. I emailed Bronwen & waited patiently to hear from Janis/Dustin/Carl. But nothing. Oh well. 

Turns out Bronwen watched EVERY game, but in Canada. Carl went & had a blast. Bronwen still wants to get to SA... Anyhow, I haven't seen Bronwen since our first visit. I heard about Carl the next day. Now, Bronwen visits again & I meet Carl the same day. Hmm. Something tells me I should introduce the two of them... Not in a cupid way, but in a 'I feel like I should do this for whatever reason' way. In any case, it just seems odd that the 2 of them keep showing up in my life at the same times!

On that note, I boogied home to try & catch a few zzz's before Jenn's big day! I can't wait!!! I'm such an emotional sap, I'm sure I'll be bawling my eyes out when she crosses the finish line! Of course, after I photograph her winning finish!!!

Sleep well & see you tomorrow! 
xxxxx
Maria, Valentina & Oceana

The guys played soccer whole heartedly for quite a while!

Janis & Caleb - what a pair of cuties!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy that you made it out for a visit! It was great to see you again and catch up. Janis.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been