.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 305 - Newborn Photos... OH BOY!!!

While Jaco & I had a brilliant sleep in the trailer, Collet, Dave & Ezekiel did NOT. Little EJ was feeling pretty rough & spent most of the night fussing, crying & feeding. Oh dear. I was going to have to make it a swift & effective photo shoot. I started getting things ready - hot water bottles, blankets in the dryer, setting up props, checking exposures... For what, I'm not really sure.


We shot inside first. Lil' EJ cried every time he left his Mama's arms. He pee'd on the blanket, which ran onto the basket, which ran onto the box, which ran onto the carpet. Then he pee'd on Mama. Then he pee'd on Papa. Thank goodness I was holding the camera! :o) He was NOT loving any of this photo business. We thought we could get him to sleep & then simply shoot whatever we wanted. He had other plans.


It wasn't until we went outside, as a last resort, that he peacefully fell asleep in the warmth of the sun. He was as limp as a rag doll. I couldn't believe it! I didn't think I'd see the day! We managed to get some wonderful shots & I'm excited to have survived my first newborn shoot! Yay! I'm pleased with the results & excited to edit the shots & send them off to Mama & Papa... 


On a side note, I'll also know to bring Valentina with me next time. I had left her at home, as I didn't know if there would be any issues staying with Jenn's parents & of course, the new baby. Unfortunately, as soon as Harrison saw me, 'Tina?' was the first thing out of his mouth. And Ezra had been waiting all day to see 'Nini'. We had a near meltdown when he found out she wasn't with me. Whoops. Aunty Jill's bad. I've learned that lesson!


Jaco & I left for home about 1700. Only 3 hours behind schedule. But at least we got some fabulous photos! Yay! Tomorrow is round 4 - 1/3 of the way there! Amen to that! Here's hoping it goes smoothly! 


xxxxx
MJV


Big Brother Ezra helps out!


Introducing Ezekiel Jasher... Enjoy!


























































1 comments:

Jenn said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!! What a great job Jill, so proud of you! Congratulations to both Collet and Dave, too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been