.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 365 - Hello Laura & Co!

This morning we were up early & outta the house by 1000. Well, maybe 1030. Sylvia & Drayton were taking us out for brunch before we left for Westlock. We drove all over the countryside on dirt roads, with Drayton as our guide. Sylvia was ahead of us, leaving a dusty trail to follow.  Suddenly we came to a small town with a big gas station & a really nice restaurant. We ordered our meals & Drayton entertained us throughout the entire process. I think he was still experiencing residual sugar effects! He wasn't wanting to finish up his breakfast or smile for a quick pic with Jaco & I. Then, when he finally did smile, he wouldn't stop hamming it up for the camera! What a guy!

We said our farewells & they left for home to meet Gary for lunch & we headed towards Athabasca & then south from there. We stopped at Extra Foods in Athabasca to pick up a few things - like oranges & water. As we were leaving the shop, this little fellow says to his mother, 'Mommy, that lady has no hairs on her head!' It was cute!

I didn't call Laura to let her know we were on our way. I was hoping to pull into the yard & surprise her. Of course, she was waiting for us in the house with the girls. The girls were quite shy at first, but certainly warmed up! They are so darn beautiful! Blonde & blue eyed with beautiful smiles!

We visited for the afternoon & the evening until nearly midnight! The girls took us outside for a bit to show us their bunny, Rainbow. Jaco went with Henk to the dairy barn to see how things are run. He was quite impressed & I can understand why. Henk is very passionate & progressive when it comes to his dairy business. In fact, I only noticed this visit all of his awards for running a top-notch operation. I know very little about the dairy industry (except that I like ice cream), but Henk is always informing me of some incredible technological advancement that I would have never dreamt possible - like a Milk Robot, for example.

Laura made a delicious chicken dinner. That girl amazes me. Three kids, a clean house, meals made, laundry done & she helps Henk in the barn. And she drives Brooklyn to school every morning at 0830. I am signing up for lessons. I was quite happy that Jaco was able to meet Henk & Laura. They told him a little more about Mexico & all the happenings down there to 'educate' him a little more on the 'other side' of things. Laura is in remission & doing very well. (AMEN!!) Not only that, but Henk & Laura are really wonderful people. I felt like I'd just been to see her a week ago, even though it has been 8 months! And of course, we could talk 'until the cows come home'. (Pun intended) I sure wish we lived closer!

Laura showed us this incredible book she put together of their family trip to San Diego last March. It was such a beautiful memoir of their first big trip together. What a lot of work, but well worth it! Laura is a very talented wedding photographer. She showed me some of the weddings she has shot, as well as some engagement photos. She finally went digital & is very excited about the editing process now vs. pre-digital! Yay for no more processing film!

We finally hit the hay around midnight. Tomorrow we were going to church with the family. My biggest decision for the day would be whether or not I would wear a wig or expose my henna tattoo... Was this church ready for a tattoo'd lady? We'll see...

xxxxMaria & Jaco

I knelt down to be on eye level with Drayton. Then he knelt down too! 
 Gotcha!
Hammin' it up! 
He likes Uncle Jaco! 
Yay for the Mom-to-be!!! (April 8th! April 8th!) 
Rainbow meets the rabbit mitten! 
Rainbow - the newest addition to the family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been