.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, October 01, 2010

Day 343 - Shoes(!) & Salmon

Sport Chek. Hmm. This could go either way. Where to start this saga...


I bought Jaco 2 pairs of shoes awhile back when Sport Chek had its 'Buy 1, Get 1 50% off' deal on. Jaco has worn his current trainers pretty much every day for work, the gym & out in the real world. He had tried on a few pairs in Sport Chek earlier on & when I bought the 2 pairs for him, I went on what he had tried on & the size I knew. The one pair fit, but the other pair did not & it wasn't the right colour. So, we went to Sport Chek to exchange them. 


Actually, I went to Sport Chek to exchange them... Here's the time line:


1. Tried on shoes in Chinook Sport Chek
2. Bought shoes at Market Mall Sport Chek
3. Tried to exchange shoes at South Centre Sport Chek (Friday) - didn't have size, called & put right size on hold at Market Mall
4. Drove to Market Mall Sport Chek (Saturday) only to be told they didn't have the shoes & they were NOT on hold. Jaco picked out another pair of shoes & I also got a pair at 50% off. 
5. Tried shoes with socks at home & they were too small. (Jaco's were too big)
6. Stopped at Sunridge Sport Chek (Monday) while waiting for chemo drugs. Blonde shoe clerk pretended to call & check on my shoes & told me they didn't have any. I asked clerk at front check out to call Market Mall. They had my shoes & put them on hold. The blonde chick printed Jaco a sheet with all the stores carrying his shoe. Only she selected size 14 instead of size 10. Brilliant. The Assistant Manager checked the online inventory & told us Market Mall was due to receive 4 pairs of size 10's. He called the store & had them put on hold along with my pair. (Thank you!)
7. Called Market Mall on Wednesday to see if Jaco's shoes were in. No shoes on hold - not his, not mine. They only had my shoes in a size 7.5, nothing for Jaco. Asked to speak to the Manager. He brags about how he's the Manager for the largest Sport Chek in Canada & they NEVER hold shoes for more than a day & they aren't getting any shoes in size 10. I tell him my runaround story & he better sort it out. I want 2 pairs of size 10 shoes! He promises to call me back.
8. He calls back that evening & tells me he spoke with his Shipper & they have 4 pairs of size 10's in transit (is there an echo in here?) & he will put them on hold when they come in. He'll call us when they are in. (Should be tomorrow)
9. Which brings us to today...


We phoned Market Mall this afternoon to see if the shoes were in. They received the shoes, but there were NO shoes on hold for us. WHAT?!? They couldn't find a size 10 for me, but they did have 1 of the 4 pairs of size 10's for Jaco. Luckily the clerk checked the Manager's office & found my shoes. I told them not to move, we were on our way in.


After much struggle & strife, we finally have our shoes! The gal at Sport Chek, Kristen, was really nice & did her best to smooth over our very bumpy experience at Sport Chek. I'm not sure that it was enough. Here's hoping there's a new chain of sports stores by the time we need new runners! Phew!


We raced home to have dinner with Mom, Ken & Margot. Margot is a friend of Mom's who is completing her doctorate in Oxford, England. She's an author & teacher who has many amazing gifts. Check out her website! She is leaving her car with us until she's finished her writing, which is apparently a lot!


Mom cedar planked a salmon & made a big spread of roasted peppers, squash & veggies. It was delicious! Jaco & I cleaned up & the trio left for town to drop Margot off. She had a big day of flying tomorrow! 


I had a big night of dreaming... running in my dreams... in my new shoes... that finally fit!


xxxxMJV&O


His & Hers LiveStrong shoes - over $80 million raised to help kick cancer!
So glad we FINALLY got our shoes!

The Bob debuts...


1 comments:

Jenn said...

Stop shopping there!! That is terrible... Plain and simple, stock up in shoes in the USA! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been