.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 364 - Hello Sylvia!

Another failed attempt to get away early. I decided to pick up a few things for the kids along the way. 3 hours later, we're finally leaving Edmonton for Boyle. Sylvia lives in the boonies, but it's beautiful & quiet & she loves it. I'm happy for her! The girl's dreams have all come true! She is due in April & had a Doctor's appointment this afternoon, so thankfully we were late & it all worked out fine!

I had picked up some cupcake tins in the shape of ghosts for Halloween & thought that we (Drayton) could make cupcakes tonight. We had a blast! Sylvia told me he loved to help out, so I let him. When there was chocolate cupcake batter flying everywhere (yes, everywhere - even on my sock, the icing sugar bag, the table, the floor & even some in the tin!) she told me, 'Oh, you let him do that? I don't usually let him!' Now she tells me! We had fun, despite the mess. Isn't that half the fun anyhow? I picked up a little zombie that 'poops' candy as he walks. That was a big hit. Drayton enjoyed playing with him for the evening. That is, until we put Jelly Belly beans in the zombie & they got stuck. Luckily the Doctor was on had to give the zombie a colonoscopy & save the day!

Jaco & Drayton got along great. Drayton had a blast playing with Jaco. In fact, the first thing he showed us upon our arrival was the soccer ball he & Jaco had played with on the C-train in August. Unfortunately Chocolate, the Labrador Retriever, had gotten ahold of the ball & gnawed a patch off the side of the ball. Speaking of Chocolate, he was quite the welcomer! Both he & Jake, the other Lab, ran out to the car, barking away. I got out & Chocolate jumped up to greet me. When I told him to get down, he hopped right onto the driver's seat! I shut the door behind him, only to hear Jaco holler through the closed door, 'Babe! What are you doing?!'

After Drayton was sound asleep & full of sugar, we moved the living room & kitchen to the spareroom. Gary & Sylvia were having some work done on the roof & the carpenters were coming at 0900 tomorrow to tear half the ceiling down. We had to have the place cleared out before then. Even the light fixtures! I'm an expert mover with my recent practice, so it was no big deal. (just not the light fixtures!)

What a great night! We had a wonderful visit with Mom-to-be & when our eyelids couldn't stay open anymore, we hit the hay. Thanks for a brilliant night!

xxxxMaria & Jaco

 Pretty excited! Well, at least Drayton is!
 Nearly finished!
 Looking good!
 Finishing touches...
Now, for half a tube of icing... 
 And voilá!
Sorry, just tilt your head on this one! Colonoscopy Zombie in the middle. Funny - he had the same expression all throughout the procedure. Maybe they're not that bad after all?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Jaco can add that to his resume: "zombie colonoscopy" ;) Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been