.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 360 - The Burnett Bunch

It's 0317 & I can't sleep, so I might as well type the blog post. I am having some arm pain these last few days & I'm hoping it goes away soon. I don't like taking drugs, but it may just come to that!


Today I drove to Fort McLeod to spend the night with Jenn & the kids. They are leaving in a few days & this is my last chance to spend time with them before they disappear for a long time. 


We went to the city for a few hours to pick up some last minute things for their big trip. The kids behaved marvellously & I have no idea how Mom's do it these days. We picked out some super cute Halloween costumes for the kids & I can't wait to see some photos of them wearing them! We also picked up a movie for the evening. Letters from Juliet. Oh dear. I'm in love. With Italy all over again. It's a brilliant movie about love (duh!) & I think it just moved onto my Top 10 list. Yes, it's a chick flick, but aren't all the good ones?!? 


Speaking of which, why are women so romantic & men not? Well, minus the Italian men that is. Yeah, so they have a double edged sword there, but let's face it, they earn the other side of the sword! If you haven't seen the movie, WATCH IT!!!


I've been wasting the last hour tossing & turning thinking about my 2-minute video blip. I'm applying for the Transat Vacationer job. You get paid to travel for one year. I KNOW I'm qualified for the job & I can't think of anyone I know who would love to do it more than I! (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!) I just need to brush up on my Final Cut Pro skills & I'm set. Well, besides the packing that is!


Jenn & I had a wonderful visit this evening. I am so grateful that I have been able to spend so much time with her & her kids this summer/fall. Had they not moved back to Canada this year, I wouldn't have had the chance to get to know the kids & reconnect with Jenn. I'm thrilled our friendship has had this revival & I can't wait to see what the future holds for both of us! 


She showed me her route to Texas today on Google Maps. I am always amazed when I look at a map & see all the foreign towns & cities. They are brimming with people just like you & I living their lives to the fullest. We all think we are important & a certain part of the world 'revolves around us', but in actual fact, it doesn't. Map dots & faces of people we'll most likely never meet... It makes me feel small and it certainly humbles me. And of course, it fascinates me! I could spend hours reading the names of towns on the map! :o)


Well, it's 0330 now & I KNOW that there will be pitter patters of feet in a few short hours. I don't know if I've spent enough time tiring myself out, but I'll try to sleep again...


Lekker slaap!
xxxxMaria



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been