.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, October 08, 2010

Day 350 - Aunty Jo & Harrison!

Today was a bittersweet day. We stopped just outside of Fort McLeod to see Jenn, Harrison & Heidi. They are leaving for Texas shortly & I will miss them horribly. Jenn & I have been friends since 1997 when we both worked at Lammle's Western Wear & I have been so grateful for the times we've been able to spend together again this year while we've both been 'back home'. She is now married with 2 wonderful children & I've grown quite attached to them. In fact, Heidi is the first 'baby' I've ever WANTED to hold. Usually babies & little kids scare me. I've never been one to have that 'maternal instinct'. I think I'm still a far cry from anything maternal, but at least I can say I love these kids & I'm going to miss them something fierce. 


Harrison just melts my heart when he calls me 'Aunty Jo' & Heidi does the same when she looks right in your eyes & gives you that sweet little smile, regardless of what's happening around her. 


We stopped in when the kids were still napping, so we had a little 'adult time' & then, once the kids woke up, we went for walk outside so Harrison could show us the kitties & drive the tractor. It was adorable. 


I took him a toy fire engine & he was elated with it. When his Grandma came home, the first thing he said was, 'Grandma! Look! Fire engine!' I was happy I could give him a little bit of joy!


We visited with Jenn & the kids until 1800 & then it was time to leave. I was very teary leaving, as I've never been to Abilene & strangely enough, it feels further away than South Africa! I'm sure I'll get there, but it just won't be the same. Thank goodness there is Skype to fall back on! 


I'm sure going to miss Jenn, Harrison & Heidi. I could feel the hole in my heart as we drove away... And I'm all lumpy throated typing this blog post... I'll post some photos of these stinkin' cute kids before it gets any worse!


xxxxAunty Jo, JV&O







 Heidi wasn't her usual 'smiley' self today... Sigh... (but she's still stinkin' cute!)




1 comments:

Jenn said...

I love these photos!! It makes me all teary reading your post too. There is always room in our home and hearts, no matter where in the world either of us are!! WE LOVE YOU AUNTIE JO!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been