.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 373 - David Wolfe, Hippocrates & Zero Energy

Another lazy day. Wow. I must've needed some sleep. I slept from midnight until 1300 today! Wowser! I managed to sneak outside for a few minutes of sunshine while I finally spoke to Jenn! Yes! I am missing her terribly, but I was happy to hear her voice, what's left of it, as she has a cold. They are settling into their new home just fine & the kids are adapting well to life in Texas. I keep thinking that I can hop in the car for a few hours & I will see them. Sadly, I don't know when that day will come, but it will!!!

I also had a message from a wonderful girl I met on ships about 3 years ago. She lives in Florida & suggested I come to see her & her son, while I go to the Hippocrates Health Institute. I started watching a few YouTube videos & one thing led to another. Then I ended up watching some David Wolfe videos, also on YouTube. Ironically enough, Andrea recommended Hippocrates & Roxy follows David Wolfe's program & is planning on attending his Longevity Now Conference early next year. As both programs are Raw Vegan diets, I find it quite interesting.

A raw diet is quite daunting to me. I am not sure I have the commitment to do it. I would like to think that I do & certainly more chemo vs. a raw diet should make for a VERY easy choice, however, I still feel myself sitting on the bench, rather than plunging into the pool. I think I'll visit Roxy for a while once Jaco flies home & see if I can't get a better grasp on how to make this raw thing work.

I have tried Wheatgrass shots on a few occasions & they have made me quite nauseous. I guess I'm fairly toxic from the chemo & a poor diet - I smell a good detox in my future!

Anyhow, even Jaco was impressed with David Wolfe's information. He agreed with his 'Hormone Health' lecture & even looked up his Longevity Now program.

Sadly enough, we were pointed towards some disturbing food facts. Like chocolate bars - "every time you eat a chocolate bar, it may contain a rodent hair and 16 insect parts and still carry the blessing of the FDA.  For chocolate powder or cakes there must not be more than 75 insect fragments in three tablespoons of powder. Four percent of cacao beans may be infested by insects. Animal excreta (such as visible rat droppings) must not exceed 10 milligrams per pound." Umm, I think I'm going to be sick. I'll leave that one alone for now. I don't even want to look into it, as I'm scared I'll never be able to touch chocolate again - raw, organic or otherwise!

The rest of the day was spent fussing over the dogs. I've never seen two more spoiled dogs in all my life. I had really wanted to take them out for Halloween, but my costume is buried deep in the bunkhouse, so I guess it will have to wait until next year. For those of you who did go out trick or treating, I hope it was a great evening - just watch out for the chocolate!!!

xxxxMJV&O

 Why the sad face?
It's all smiles... 
Smiles & kisses... 
around here!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

I miss you too!! I find myself wishing the same thing, that I can just pack up the kids in the van and drive over to see Aunty Jo!! Sometime in the NEAR future you can come and stay for a few weeks or months. Get away from the snow. Love you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been