.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Day 110 - Progress

Mom asked me tonight - What are you doing tomorrow? My reply - Nothing. That way if I get something done, I'll have made progress! 


Today I ticked off the list: cleaning the desk, filling out my monthly expenses sheet, simmering down the inbox, attempting to train the dog & now, catching up with the blog! Oh yes, and shot #7 is down the drain! Well, not literally, it went in my leg, but I didn't do it yesterday, as I thought it would be best not to mix the drugs from the scan.


I heard from Nico & he has successfully completed his appendix surgery. In fact, he sent out a nice long email describing in detail each of his days stuck in the hospital. His encounters with the medical staff in Tortola make my Surgeon experiences look like a Robin Williams comedy show! :o) Adding to his torture, no air conditioning, open windows letting in mosquitos like crazy & linen changes at 0530! There was much more to the story than just that, but I am pleased to say that his is certainly on the mend & anxious to get back on the ship! The poor fella didn't have a meal for 10 days! I can only imagine how happy he'll be to have real food. The part that really made me laugh was the fact that the hospital gave him WHITE BREAD once he started eating food again! How's a person supposed to heal on that??? That is a puzzler!


I also spoke with Andrea - a friend of a friend who had Hodgkin's Lymphoma about 2 years ago. I met with Andrea last summer & she filled me in on what worked for her. She did some chemo, but when it came back, she decided to try some alternative things & they have worked marvelously for her. I felt terrible, as I never did email her back to say thank you & here I was calling again for more insight! She was very kind & refreshed my memory, along with some additional insight. It's always nice to speak with someone who has been down the path that you're on. This time I'll send that Thank You email! :o)


Valentina & I worked on her tricks again. She wasn't in the mood tonight. I was trying to get her to find the phone & bring it to me. I put a nice big loop on it so she could carry it, but she refused. 20 minutes later, I see her trotting along with a squeaky toy 2x her size & just as heavy as the phone... Hmm... Perhaps that stubborn Dachshund side of her is coming out... We rather worked on 'Stenditi' instead. She's getting better. Another week of practice & she should have it. Next will be barrel racing! :o)


Okay, that's enough for tonight. I'm going to try & beat the itch to bed tonight! Have a great night & I'll see you soon! Here's to Mexico! Only 10 days to go! Yay!!!!!! Let's get on with life! Let's get better! Let's go find my husband!!!! 


& that's an Amen to that!
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Here's a few pics from Addo Elephant Park in South Africa. Jaco has family that live nearby - they have a guest house in Kirkwood called Kronenhoff. Perhaps you can see from the photos why I have such a soft spot & passion for Africa.


Little birdie on a limb.

Warthog

Boo-falo

Hartebeest

Kudu

Mini elephant

Don't mess with us!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear NIco is better and out of the hospital.
Your frost pics were beautiful by the way.
Love Mom

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been