.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 117 - Running Around!

Hello everyone! I hope this finds you well!


Today was my day to run around the city & accomplish everything on my LONG list of 'To Do's' before Mexico. As usual, I got a roaring good start to the day & left at the early hour of 2. (p.m.) Yes, hardly early, but hey, I did good to get out of the house at all! Luckily for me my bank is open late & I could do most things at Chinook Centre - a large mall that is fairly centrally located.


First stop was the finance division. After today I have two remaining payments on my bankruptcy - Yay! I will be happy to have the shadow off my back & begin rebuilding in the sunshine! After I left MNP, I headed over to Chinook. Again, to the financial divisions. Trying to sort out a bank draft for 2 doctors when you're not quite sure what either of them is going to do to you is a bit of a dilemma! We managed to get things sorted out & one more stop back at the bank before we leave will have Mom as the Power of Attorney, so she can help with any pickles that might arise while I'm away. The Teller I dealt with was the same Teller I had before I left to see Jaco. She has this amazing pearl/bee pendant. Her boyfriend gave it to her, along with some other unique pieces of jewelry. I was excited to see her & find out what she got for Christmas & Valentine's Day, only to hear her say she got a Wii. Apparently my face must have looked disappointed, because she quickly told me that was what she had wanted! :o)


Off to another bank to change the PIN number. Holy Jeopardy music while he sorted things out! A cute young feller with an Aussie accent, he takes my card & says he needs to check with someone. Then he comes back & says he needs to make a call. Great. Does this mean they're taking back my card?!? What have I done now? I'm sure I've been good. I didn't break any laws. I think. No, I am sure I didn't... Finally, after a million scenarios play out in my mind, he returns & with a smile, hands me my card & sends me to the ATM. Relief!


Next stop was the accessories shop. I picked up some headbands for one of the nurses at Castillo's clinic, as well as a few necklaces for the receptionists & the other nurse. $15. Next stop was LuLuLemon. I walked in, looked around & walked out. Yay for me! Didn't buy a thing! I'm getting so good at this game! :o)


I headed across the street & stopped at the pet store to pick up a harness for Valentina's 'Service Dog' patches. Unfortunately they were out of the kind I needed, but I did get her a 3-pack of mini-tennis balls, along with some treats for Adios. Next door was Staples & I was in need of refills for my day planner I picked up in Ushuaia, Argentina. Unfortunately they didn't have a size that would fit, so it looks like I'll have to order them online. By the time I get around to it, the year will be half over! Oh well!


Next stop was Community Natural Foods. I needed another bottle of MCP to last me the month while I was away. I hadn't purchased it before at this particular location, so I asked for help. While the new clerk went to ask for help, I picked up a few other things I needed & put them in the reusable bag I was carrying. The give you $0.05 if you use your own bag, plus I don't enjoy plastic bags. I managed to find the MCP on my own & waited until the clerk came out of the bag to let her know I'd found it. She brought another clerk with her & when I showed them I'd found it, I put it in my reusable bag. The 2nd clerk proceeds to tell me that I should use a basket & not my reusable bag, for 'product control'. My jaw hit the floor. Is she accusing me of stealing? WTFiretruck is going on? I always bring in my own bag & put my stuff in the bag, proceed to check out & PAY for my things! I had a cold & I don't like to touch the carts that EVERYONE else has touched & will continue to touch after my 'sick' germs have been added to the mix. 


I was 100% offended. When the clerk brought me the basket, I said, 'It's okay, I'm finished shopping now.' She looked annoyed & said, 'Okay, I guess I'll put it back now.' (Again, not necessary) Thank goodness it wasn't Zoe's store. I think I'll report it to the Manager. Preposterous! FYI - I went to the competitor's store - Planet Organic that night & asked the clerk if there was an issue in using a reusable bag instead of a cart. He said, 'Absolutely NOT!' I told him what happened & he apologized that I had to go through that. Hmpf. Well, I guess that's settled!


Next stop (after CNF) was Costco. Generally a zoo, but tonight it wasn't bad. I even managed to get good parking! Costco always has so many fun things. You go for three items, come home with fifteen & twelve of them you didn't need! Anyhow, I only came home with the necessities. A hard drive for Mom ($100 for 500gb - portable!) & some fruit & nut bars for moi.


I dropped by Mom2's to leave her the water bottle she forgot in the car. Luckily she was home & we had a quick chat. She sent me home with this delicious soup. It was kind of like a miso soup with beet greens, rice, & some sort of chinese root in it. She made it from scratch & was it ever yummy! You should try her stuffed salmon one day... Wow!


The last stop of the night was at Pet Planet & Planet Organic. Pet Planet managed to find Valentina's harness & Planet Organic didn't feel the need to give me a criminal record for shopping there. The day has been a success!


I motored home, exhausted & trying to be excited about the impending packing day waiting ahead. Mom had left for Nanton & Valentina waited at home for me. Boy, was she excited to see Mama! She reminds me of the Tasmanian Devil when she's been alone for awhile. There's this flurry of motion every which direction. I've learned the trick is to greet her outside. Open the door & walk back outside, otherwise, you're left cleaning up 'happy pee' everywhere. Think pee & a wagging tail. Not a pretty sight! So, if you come to visit, just IGNORE her for the first 5 minutes until she settle down. It will be ALL good & much cleaner! :o)


Alrighty, there you have it... another enthralling day in the city running around. Here's to a good night's sleep & an efficient day of packing tomorrow! 


Lekker slaap!
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


Nonna has a lump in her side! Oh no! But wait! It's moving... :o)

My gorgeous little girl, who loves me unconditionally!
Mom2's Super Duper Souper!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been