.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 118 - Update Coming!

Exhausted. Not Packed. Sick as a dog. Will write more. Off to Mexico. xxxx Maria & Valentina


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Today was packing day. I didn't know if I'd ever see the end! I woke up to a Winter Wonderland & was instantly grateful that I'd been to town the day before. I had a brief Skype chat with Talia, Nico's girlfriend, who is now lonely & stuck on the ship without her boyfriend. Nico was sent home to South Africa to heal & their future lies slightly uncertain, with regards to what will happen when Nico is fit to work again. Same ship, different ships, Manager position or back to Assistant. Nico has been Assistant Manager for 5 years now. More than long enough to justify a Manager position! 


Anyhow, to the packing slog it is... I wanted to use my carry-on & my smaller bag. Right. Valentina's stuff alone filled the bigger bag! Such a tiny creature & so much stuff! Mom later rummaged through it & eliminated a few toys. I went through it again & managed to put her stuff into the carry-on bag. 


My stuff, on the other hand, was another story. It was difficult to pick out clothing. Nothing fits, as I'm still 'Little Miss Pudge'. Surprisingly, I didn't pack that much clothing. (Yes, it's true!) Once I started adding toiletries, hair dryer, flat iron, & the supplements. Oh the supplements! That is pretty much a bag in itself! I asked Mom if she'd be willing to take a 2nd bag for me, but no was the answer. Whatever shall I do? Hmm... I know! I will put the carry on bag inside the other BIGGER bag! Ha! Problem solved! Now I have space around the edges for all my supplements & as I use them up, I'll have room for the new ones I'll get while I'm down there! Genius! Well, almost. Now both bags are huge & heavy! Oh well... I'll worry about it when I'm at the airport!


Exhausted from a day of packing & organizing & sorting & shuffling, I crashed about 2330. Tomorrow is a big day. Doctor's appointments & acupuncture & another Yuen treatment, prayers & then the night at Lawrence's so he could take us to the airport in the morning.


Wish me luck, I'm sure I'll need it. Sleep well & see you soon!!! 
Maria & Valentina
xxxxx


Ol' Man Winter ain't gone yet!

It's so pretty! (from inside the house!)

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh honey! I look forward to your arrival in Mexico and some good news. Safe travels & lots of love.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been