.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 116 - Shake Your Groove Thang...

Hello everyone!


I hope this finds you well & enjoying your Tuesday morning. It was Family Day today in Alberta, so hopefully those of you celebrating it, were able to spend some quality time with your families!


I spent it with part of my family. Adios, Valentina & Mom. I woke up with what I like to call my Phone Sex Voice. My throat was nice & raspy & there were a few rumblings from my chest. I am guessing this is a chest cold & not a sinus cold, as my sinuses are fine! I've never had a chest cold, so this is something new. Again! Anyhow, after my mid-afternoon walk, I'd progressed, or regressed, depending on how you look at it, from my Phone Sex Voice to my Puberty Voice. I think I would rather have just lost my voice!


Mom mashed my back with some peppermint oil & the muscles are just about back to normal, although now the skin is nicely burned. Ah well, win some lose some. By tomorrow morning it should be all good. Just so you know, I asked for the mashing. No pain, no gain.


A fairly uneventful day, I did actually get outside. I took the pooch for a walk, snapped a few happy ones while I was out & then came back to the house. I spent most of the evening trying to clean up the kitchen. Our septic tank isn't quite normal yet. We called for help, but never received a call back. Thanks! So hopefully we can make it through the night without the alarm going off! 


I have to share this little story about the septic tank alarm... Last summer when Jaco was visiting, Mom was away & we were sleeping in her bedroom. In the middle of the night, the septic alarm goes off. I knew the noise right away, but my poor foreign husband did not. He thought we were being robbed, broken into, vandalized... All of his limbs were moving simultaneously, as was the duvet once covering him, but he wasn't moving anywhere! It was priceless. I got up, turned off the alarm & told him to go back to bed. We'd worry about it in the morning. It was almost as humourous as imagining poor Gord in his electronically adjustable bed with it going completely haywire while he's in it. I know, it's cruel to laugh at someone else's misfortune, but there are times when it wouldn't matter if it were you or I in the scenario, we'd still be busting a gut laughing... Moving on...


I managed to get a few things on the Mexico To Do List checked off! I had planned on heading to town, but when I looked at the clock, it was already 1400. Then I remembered it was Family Day, so I ixnayed the trip to town. There's always tomorrow! 


I caught up with a few good girlfriends & I just have to say, I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends whom I know support me. I love them all to pieces & how lonely life would be without them! Thank you for enriching my life! 


I have to put this out there & hopefully something good will come of it! A very dear friend of mine is in need of help. My best friend, Jenn, & her husband, Mike, recently moved back to Canada. Mike is from Texas & they had been living there. They moved back to Canada when Jenn's health insurance fell through & it would cost them $20,000 to have the planned Caesarean section Jenn needed. Adding to the mix that Mike had been laid off last March & was still unable to find work. 


Jenn safely had a beautiful baby girl in December & things were really looking up when Mike had a job offer to work close to Jenn's family in Southern Alberta. Unfortunately the company offering the job wasn't ambitious enough to properly fill out the paperwork & Mike came as close to being threatened with deportation. A long story longer, they are desperate to find work for Mike. As he doesn't have a work permit, there would be paper work involved, which is easily done, if you do it the right way the first time! (!!!!)


I'm asking, pleading, begging, if you know of anyone who is in need of a fantastic employee, please let them know! Mike is a wonderful man, a true Texas gentleman & wants desperately to be able to provide for his family. His work experience puts him in the line for Industrial Mechanical type work, but at this point, he is willing to do almost anything! He is a strong, intelligent & hard working fellow. If you know of anyone who needs any kind of help, please pass along the information! You'll be doing this family a great service! Jenn's baby is only 5 weeks old & it is nearing the point that she will be forced to return to work. Jenn also keeps a blog. Please feel free to send her a message if you know of anything! Thank you! Oh, prayers are good too!! :o) http://burnettbunchlife.blogspot.com


No news from Jaco yet. I hope the Air Hostesses weren't too cute. Perhaps he's traded me in. Wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake? On Valentine's Day! Mile High Club! Ha! Horrible thought, but I'm laughing, as I know it would never happen. I'm the luckiest girl I know! Maybe if we're ever in the same postal code, I'll even get lucky! Ha! I must be feeling better, no clue where all this 'talk' is coming from!


Anyhow, I better call it quits for tonight. I've got a big day ahead of me tomorrow! The city beckons me & I hope the roads are good! Sleep well & here's for exciting news tomorrow! 


Love & hugs,
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


Walking down the road.

The Valentina's Day trees! Is this the official definition of a 'Tree Hugger'?

Okay, fine. So winter can be pretty.

One of my many winter pet peeves. Socks coming off when you take off your boots. Then you step in snow to get the other boot off. (I know, it's almost Mexico time!)


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Thank you for posting about Mike and forwarding our blog. You're the best!! Get to work, you leave so soon!

Anonymous said...

You see the most amazing pictures when you go for walk, thanks for hearing them with us.
Thanks to clayton we have a diagnosis on the septic issues and should be up and going soon!
blessings Mom

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been