.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 127 - Alberta Bound

Today was my last day in fair Saskatchewan. I was up early by my standards, but Kristina's Mom & Dad were long gone by the time I opened my eyes. Kristina was up & ready for work & we had a quick chat before she was out the door too. Now, it was just lil' Miss V & me. 


I quickly showered & swallowed my morning pills, loaded up a plethora of bags & hollered & hollered for my darn dog to come get in the car. I tell you, when her nose decides its onto something, there's no hope! 


I managed to get lost in North Battleford. Pathetic, yes. But those phone book maps are no good for nothin'! I was trying to find City Hall to visit my friend Mike. Mike & I went to school in Golden Prairie many, many moons ago. He was one of four groomsmen at Wedding #3. He has spent the past 10 years in Broadcasting & Communications & now he has recently made a shift & works for the City of North Battleford doing Marketing. 


Mike is a hoot. I can remember laughing with him when I was in elementary. I'm still laughing today! I visited him at his office & somehow the topic of dry air & dry skin came up... He proceeds to tell me, 'Yeah, just use Head & Shoulders' (This coming from the bald guy) Then he adds, 'But they really need to make a Head & Shoulders Saskatchewan.' I thought that was pretty funny. It's so dry the province needs it's own brand of shampoo & conditioner! Ha! We shared some mini oranges & Valentina showed him her tricks. By then it was time for lunch. Mike had a date & I had to hit the road. As we're going out the back way, what do you know, it's the Mayor. Of course it is! Who else would you meet at City Hall but Mike & the Mayor?!? Mike drove me the half block to my car, although we drove past it twice because I don't think he believed me when I said the oldest car in the lot was mine. Poor Contemplate. 


On the road again... I was headed for Wainwright. I was stopping in to see Roxie, the dog lady. Roxie is the lady who raised Valentina. She has Pebbles, Valentina's mommy, and I drove to her house twice last summer to pick out & pick up my little baby. It was really quite amazing. Valentina knew exactly where she was. She started whining & fussing as soon as I pulled up. She ran up the walk way, all excited about her homecoming! Her mother had another batch of puppies, so the two of them didn't meet, but Valentina had a blast playing with Macie, Roxie's granddaughter. Macie especially enjoyed Valentina following her through the tent & it's tunnels! I waited until Cohby, Roxie's son, was home from school to show them her tricks. Roxie was so impressed, she said she wanted Valentina back! Ha! I offered to train her new pups for her! :o) If you need/want a little doxie, let me know & I'll put you in touch with her!


I still had a ways to go, so I said goodbye & headed out on the road again. My final stop for the night was Janis & Dustin's house. I rolled in just before 1900 & was happy to turn off the car for the night! Valentina had a wee outside & then proceeded to make a 'deposit' at the top of Dustin & Janis' stairs. Way to make a first impression! Argh! I was so mad! Thank goodness they have 2 dogs & were forgiving. (Janis & Dustin, not the dogs!) Janis' cousin, Shantala, was there & we enjoyed a wonderful night of visiting & laughing. Janis & I met in College & she was also a bridesmaid at Wedding #3. Her & Dustin have the cutest little boy, Caleb. I think it's amazing to see them all in action. Dustin & Janis are both very calm people, they are a perfect match for each other. Their little boy, Caleb, is exactly like them. Calm, cool & collected. Even their dogs are chilled out! It's really quite the sight! I love it!


Janis is a teacher, an exceptional artist & very creative. I love her house & sense of style. She has recently ventured into a web based business - http://www.littletreehugger.ca - selling eco-baby goods. She had just been to the health food store & picked up some delish dishes for her guest! How spoiled am I? Even my favourite Luna bar! We visited until 0100 when our eyes got tired... Shantala had gone out on the town & Dustin went to work.  The bed called me name & I was out like a light! What a fun-filled day!


Tomorrow will soon be here!
Lekker slaap,
Maria & Valentina
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Uncle Mike & Valentina

Reminds me of a Bryan Adams song.

Beautiful blue skies

Enjoying the ride

Still enjoying the ride, just a bit unconscious

'...She wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts... She's Cheer captain & I'm on the bleachers...'    - nothing like a little Taylor Swift to spice up the drive!

Macie & Valentina

Valentina & Caleb - they were both so excited!

Valentina learns to pick on someone her own size!

Caleb - beautiful blue eyes!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been