.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 114 - Brave Heart Women

Okay, so today started rough. 0600 I was getting intimate with the Porcelain Throne. The malaise started about 0430 at which point I woke up & couldn't fall back asleep. I would get up, go to the bathroom & nothing would happen. This was a 20 minute cycle. Valentina shares the bed & every time I leave the bed, she moves into the warm spot. You can imagine after 4 trips to the bathroom, there wasn't much bed left for me! Thankfully I was able to fall asleep until about 1000.


Today Mom, Mom2 & I were off to this 'thing'. You see, I wasn't quite sure what it was, but it sounded interesting. I received an email while I was on the ship with Jaco, inviting me to this event with a Doctor who did some healing & was also an inspirational speaker. There were 75 free VIP tickets for the first gals to respond. Hmm. Free. Healing. Inspirational. Sure, why not! So I responded & asked for 3 tickets. Today was the day.


It was quite interesting. The guest speaker, Dr. Sugar Singleton, helps women heal on a cellular level. Your cells all have a cellular memory & most often it is subconscious. Dr. Sugar helps you remove these blocks to become '_________' - insert your favourite positive adjective here!


It was interesting to hear what she had to say, however, I was slightly turned off when I heard how much it would actually cost to experience the 'healing'. Yeah, sure they pick me up in a limo & I spend a few days in a nice mansion in Arizona with a personal chef. But. $4000? Hmm. I felt like I'd been had. Sure, I'd love to go & I'm sure it would be very empowering & uplifting. Perhaps I will one day, but tomorrow doesn't look like the day! So it was basically an exciting advertisement for what COULD happen...


Dr. Sugar did talk about a social network for women, called Brave Heart Women. Apparently you can go to Brave Heart Women & sign up, FOR FREE. Here you can find like-minded women who want to make a difference in the world & want to pursue a lifetime of growth. They want to inspire, live with passion & find their purpose. As cheesy as it might sound, I think it's pretty neat. Thinking about it, why not join together & start working to make the world a better place! I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a way to help Africa & now, here's my chance! Regardless of your cause or your chosen issue you keep close to heart, there is someone else out there who shares your passion & why not do something about it! In fact, the irony of this was the lady who sat next to me. She was friendly & we chit chatted a bit. At the end of the presentation, we started to visit a bit more & I brought up my plight of SA & Zuma. We talked about Africa in general & she then revealed to me that she is working to build a school for girls in Ghana! How great is that? I was excited to know that here we sat, only two women, but there was obviously something we could do! Hah!


Of course, the Moms enjoyed every minute of it & are anxious to get to AZ ASAP! We went to Original Joe's afterwards for a quick bite to eat. I found the ill feeling returning again & by the time we left, I thought I ought to have a baggie nearby just in case! I'm pleased to report that I'm feeling much better as I'm typing this. I still have this annoying tickle in my throat - must be all that opera I've been practicing lately. Just kidding. I did listen to Katherine Jenkins yesterday though. Does that count? Perhaps I have cellular memories of trying to sing opera & it hurt my throat... Okay, I'll stop now!


Tomorrow is Invictus & Roughnecks Lacrosse... I just love to see 80 year old Grannies up & out of their seats yelling 'WHACK 'EM!!!' at the top of their lungs. I go for the music & the crowd. Don't ask me anything about the game, except that it's rough. Sleep well & see you tomorrow night!


Happy Valentine's Day & may you share your love & affection with those that matter most to you. Big hugs & kisses,
Maria & Valentina
xxxxxxxx
Eat some Lindt chocolate for me!


Tweet Pea looking tweet!

Dr. Sugar

Dancing with my 'Sistas'

Moms & I


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jill for inviting me to the introduction of Braveheart Women, it has inspired me more that I am already! I was a treat to go to.
Hugs Mom

Jill Marie said...

Glad you enjoyed it & glad you could come. Thanks for the comments! Now just keep it up when I'm not in the next room! :o) Happy ValentinA's Day! xxxx

Anonymous said...

Finally caught up on all your blog posts - took me awhile since I was gone three weeks...you sure keep on top of it (which I love!). Hopefully we can have a chat before you head to Mexico. Janis

Jenn said...

Like Janis I've been catching up and reading...lots! Did Jaco make it home yet? Have you submitted his CV in Bragg yet? We need to chat before you go!! Anytime after 7 and that babes will be asleep.

I love the new blog gadgets!! Very cool. Keep up the great work! Thank you for writing and sharing. So happy to hear the cancer hasn't grown. PRAISE GOD!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been