.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 125 - Zzzzzzzz. More zzzzzzzz.


After a very short night, I was surprised to wake myself up at 0830 the next morning. Trisha was busy with the kids & had to leave, so I took the opportunity to go back to bed for an hour or two. Or five.

Yes, I woke up at 1400! Holy smokes! I slept the entire day away! I couldn’t believe it! I had planned on heading into Saskatoon to visit Granny some more. She would be wondering where I had disappeared to!

I did my best to hustle & by the time I left it was nearly 1600. (Yes, I’m slow!) Granny was just finishing her supper & was surprised to see me. She thought I’d abandoned her! She thought maybe she’d said something that upset me & I wasn’t coming back! Poor gal! I reassured her I’d always come back, no matter what she did or didn’t say!

I wheeled her back to her room & for the next 2.5 hours she talked non-stop. She told me stories of her family from when she was young, growing up with a mother who treated her like a maid, having 8 other brothers & sisters; she talked about her cousins, nieces, nephews & how things used to be. Her memory is so sharp for her age. She can remember more than I can in my 30 years! I enjoyed listening to her recollect the wonderful memories of days gone by.

Unfortunately a headache swept over me & my head was splitting by 2000. I figured, in any case, she would be ready for bed & I knew I was! I said goodnight & told her I’d stop in earlier tomorrow on my way to North Battleford.

I drove back out to Trisha & Brad’s, my head pounding the entire way. Trisha was at a parenting class & Brad was watching the hockey game. I apologized for being anti-social & went straight to bed. My face slathered in peppermint oil, my eyes crying from the intensity of the oil, I drifted into slumber.

Sweet dreams & here’s to a pain free tomorrow!
xxxxxx
Maria & Valentina

On a small side note - Trisha & I met when we were 13 years old. My Granny & her Aunt set us up on a blind date. Trisha is now married to Brad & they have 2 beautiful boys - Buster & Huxley. The boys are a ton of fun & little charmers. It's been fun to watch them grow thus far! Trisha was also a bridesmaid at Wedding #3 - Waterton.

Buster & Huxley with Valentina. How adorable are these boys?!?

Trisha & her boys

Buster & Valentina

Huxley flashing the camera! Don't let his good looks & charm fool you!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been