.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, July 05, 2010

Day 256 - Can't. Stop. Touching. My. Head.

Call me crazy, but I love my shaved head! I can't stop touching it! It feels so good! It feels funny in the wind. I get chills quicker than I used to. I use less shampoo. I don't know what to do with the towel after I shower - I used to just wrap it around my hair & get out. I don't get hair on my lips when I put lipgloss on. I don't have to worry about hairs out of place or hairs in my face... I feel more confident & taller... I'm enjoying it thoroughly!


Mom was driving this afternoon as we made our way into the city. I had just finished eating a bunch of veggies. I had a splitting headache & the cucumbers seemed to help. She was about to tell me that I was 'more beautiful than ever', when I suddenly had to burp! It was really loud too! So much for that beauty! We were laughing so hard we were crying! Ah, grace is SO not my middle name!


I had an appointment with Jessica today. She straightened me out for my next few rounds of chemo. I always love my sessions with her. She makes me laugh like no one else can! Energetic corrections & laughter - no wonder I float out of my sessions! 


Mom & I were supposed to see Al & Wilma next, but Mom's day planners were finished & ready to pick up. We went from the southwest to the northeast to the southeast to the northwest. During rush hour nonetheless! The day planners turned out beautifully - one of the best so far, I think! 


We made it to Al & Wilma's close to 1700 & visited with them for a few hours. It is easy to pass the time talking about travel with them! We talked about their most recent trip, Jaco working in Canada (or Australia!), the World Cup, tennis... the list goes on! They shared with me some papers on the incredible work their daughter did while she was ill. What an amazing daughter they have. She founded a project that saw the creation of 5000 (!!!!) tiles that were decorated by children in Edmonton area schools that represented HOPE & then the tiles were placed in the Stollery Children's Centre. All this while she fought for her life, married a wonderful man & squeezed the juice out of every waking moment! Her photographs depict a young woman who 'glows' through the newspaper article. She looks like a grown-up doll with flawless features & these eyes that see straight through to your soul. I read the papers while we were driving home & I couldn't talk to Mom about it for the lump in my throat & I had to stop reading several times for the tears in my eyes. It is heart wrenching to contemplate the loss so many people felt when she left. It is maddening to think that this horrible disease took her. Of all the people it could choose. And again, I am reminded to make the most out of every day. To let go of the things that no longer serve me in a healthy, positive way. And to be grateful for the opportunity I have to get better & carry on. To make a difference in this ol' world. 


Sleep well & be loved.
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo


Hot off the press! Literally!

Fun little words to 'enjoy'

Can't stop touching my head!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been