.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 271 - Farewell Jenny Rose...


Today was my last day hangin’ with Jenn. :o( I’ve really enjoyed our visit! And I must say, I wish she lived closer! We had a blast taking photos out & about, even if it was with our point & shoot cameras! We had a lovely breakfast of maple butter on sprouted grain toast with some fruit on the side. Jenn had never had maple butter, so I was happy to be the first to share my love of maple butter with yet another Maple Butter Virgin! Yum!

We went for a walk to the barns & caught Mom’s horse, Shufly. We took a few photos of the other horses & then headed out for a walk through the meadow. The grass was quite tall & it had rained the night before. Our feet were soaked shortly! Valentina had a blast leaping through the tall grass! She’s so funny to watch. You just see the grass moving a bit & every once in awhile you see her little ears flop above the grass line. She knows how to make me giggle!

We encountered a coyote on our way out. He was healthy – full coat & fluffy tail. He loped up the side of the hill, stopping several times to check us out. The funny thing was the cattle were more leery of us than the coyote! They kept running around us & stopping to get a good look at us! 

We walked for about an hour & then decided we'd had enough. We hung out at the house while Jenn cleaned the ka-ka off of her shoes to spare the poor lad she'd have to sit next to on the plane. I started sorting through a box of old photos. I joked with Jenn, saying she was going to know my entire life story before she flew out today! 

We left for town around 1500 with a quick stop for sushi. Jenn had a hankering for sushi the other day, but had the disappointment of her life at the sushi restaurant in Canmore. I picked one of my favourites in Calgary & luckily it didn't disappoint! We headed up Deerfoot to the airport - during rush hour. Ugh! Thankfully we made it there only 5 minutes past our planned time of arrival! 

I waited for Jenn to check in & also to go through security. She was taking everything on as carry on & I didn't want her to have to throw away her moisturizer. Sure enough, it was a meagre 20 mls over! One more hug goodbye & she was off! Hope to see you again soon Miss Jenn!!! 

I stopped at Chapters to see if they had a book on marriage I'm looking for. No luck. I then stopped at HomeSense & picked up a small wedding present for the James'. They are stopping next week... Yippee!!! 

I arrived home just in time to see Mom back from her visit to my brother's place. He is doing okay. Pretty slow going, but he's a tough, stubborn ol' cowboy... I'm sure he'll be right as rain in no time flat... 

As usual, I procrastinated at going to bed. It was 0200 by the time I turned out the light. One of these days I'll get to bed early. Here's hoping for tomorrow! By the way, it's chemo day... Wish me luck!

xxxx
Maria & Valentina

Shufly

Jenn & the ponies

Walkin' in the woods

Home Tweet Home


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been