.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, January 03, 2011

Day 437 - Dad, April & Lulu

I slept late again. I'm feeling quite rubbish, actually. My legs are achy at night & I still feel REALLY tired. I phoned Dad & he was nearly in the city, so I went out to see if my car would start. Of course Contemplate started! I let her warm up for awhile & loaded 6 boxes in the car. I got myself ready & headed to town. I unloaded the boxes at M&D2's & said a quick hello. I motored over to Chili's & found the only cowboy hat in the joint.

We had a great visit. April is off to Mexico soon & just bought a MacBook Air. I'm only a slight shade of green! I offered advice on backing up her iBooks when she gets the new machine. I told Dad about the MagicJack. They are trying to remember the 'My Passport' suggestion & the MagicJack. April said it would end up MagicPort & PassJack! We had a good laugh!

We visited for a few hours before they had to go. It was already dark out & they wanted to get home before midnight. I went to Lulu to see if they had a running skirt in my size. I bought one the other day, but it was a little too small. I'm optimistic, but I've already had one miracle. Let's not get greedy! Luckily they had my size. I was trying to decide on a tank to match when I asked the clerk's opinion. She came over & helped me decide. While we were talking, she commented on my hair. She liked the colour. I was wearing the Gisele wig today. I proceeded to tell her about the chemo, the hair loss, when I was healthy, my future plans to get healthy, etc, etc. She suddenly disappeared & said she'd be right back. I wandered around a little, picked out a top to try on & when I walked over to her, she said, 'Pick a mat that you like. You can pick any of these colours. I'm giving you one. And you can have 5 yoga class passes.' I'm sure my jaw hit the floor! Really! Wow! She wanted to encourage me to get health & start doing some yoga again. Never in my life! I've always said, 'I'm the luckiest person I know.' And I think I just reinforced that belief! Wow! Thanks Lululemon! I can't wait to get started now!

I went back to M&D2's after that & shared my exciting news with them. I tried some of Mom2's fantastic soup, talked about cruising & then I had to boogie home. It was already 2100! Where did the time go? I was exhausted (still) & wanted to go to bed NOW!

When I got home, Mom had just arrived & was unloading her car. Thankfully she didn't go into cardiac arrest when she saw the state of the house. I'm making progress! Really I am! We're back in the city tomorrow for an eye appointment for her. She's having laser surgery & has her pupil dilation exam tomorrow. I'll drive her home afterwards.

Only a few more sleeps until Cuba! I can hardly wait! The only thing I've packed so far is my camera bag! Priorities! Ha ha!

Sleep well & see you tomorrow! Oh! I have 19 followers now! I'm pretty excited about that! I'm pretty excited about most things, but that really makes my day!

xxxx Maria, Valentina, Oceana & Adios

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been