.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 463 - CSI:Miami (Crazy Stay In:Miami)

Today will most certainly go down in the history books as one of the most intriguing days of my life. Today was ‘Turnaround’ day at the Institute. Guests are leaving & some will be arriving today & tomorrow. Some were up early to catch a flight & some were hanging around until the afternoon.

The sun was finally out! It was warm! I sat outside & called Mom. She told me all about the snow & cold weather on it’s way. I don’t miss that!

My roommate had graciously invited me to come & stay at her place tonight & spend some time in Miami. Alessandra was busy, so it worked out well! I looked up bus/train schedules & it will be an easy way for me to get back tomorrow afternoon.

When I was a little girl, I always dreamed big. I have no idea where it came from. I grew up in the country, on a ranch, surrounded by all things rural. In any case, I never dreamed this big. My head is still spinning. Here’s a snippet of 29th January, 2011:

We drove to Miami in a convertible Bentley. To a small island.

I could see the cruise ships docked waiting to set sail for another week of adventure & sunshine. They each blew the ship’s whistle as they sailed out of the harbor. (Just a few more weeks until I see Jaco!)

I am certain I have walked into a magazine - something from Island Living, or Beach Homes. There is a water fountain as we walk up the steps. Tall & white, plenty of windows, infinity pool, elaborate artwork & décor, a gym, a 4th floor balcony where I watched the sunset, speakers in all the rooms, a jet-ski dock, worldly carvings & statues – I knew that people lived like this, but I’ve never experienced it! My roommate showed me some books from her & her husband’s travels – one book covered about 10 years worth of travel for you & me. They did it one summer! I commented on the books & how nice they were. She said, ‘Oh, yes, it’s a little company my husband started. It’s called Shutterfly.’ (For all you photo/scrapbookers out there – yeah. ‘Nuff said.)

I watched the sunset over Miami & then typed this post. We’re off to a 30th birthday party this evening – should be interesting! I’ll take my camera, but no promises! I’m feeling slightly ‘under-dressed’ I have Lulu capris, a grey tank top & flipflops! Oh & no hair & no wig! I’ll only stand out a little bit.

xxxxMaria

Sunset over Miami
Palm Trees & Sunshine
Reflections
Pur-dy
Love the water & colour
Long tall shadows
My feet in the infinity pool
The view
Somebody pinch me!
Sunshine sinking away for the night
Miami by night
My roomie & her husband
My raw roomie & I
You're looking at 2 Hodgkin's survivors! YAY!!!
The scene of the party!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been