.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 460 - Fast Day

Now, I've fasted before. In fact, I've done a whopping 42 days of fruit juice only. Fresh pressed grape juice & lemon juice. One day shouldn't be so bad, now should it? Or should it?

We don't eat breakfast at Hippocrates (unless you're instructed to have a cold grain cereal). We only drink green juice at 0900. Then at 1100 we have another green drink. Then usually lunch will start at 1230. But today we had fresh coconut water. It was DELICIOUS! The fellow that served them had picked them from around the grounds & chopped the tops off with a machete. They were as fresh as could be! I also found out that the ones you buy in the shops have been dipped in formaldehyde. Boo.

Our next dose of juice was at 1400, then again at 1600. Finally at 1800 we have a delicious green soup. Pretty much it's a thick, savoury smoothie. It was actually really good! It looked terrible, but it was wonderful!

I spend the evenings on the laptop waiting for Jaco to call me on the MagicJack. So far, the connections have been terrible. We can't Skype, as he's on the ship, so MagicJack it is. The connection at the Hall is really poor. I'm hoping that it will improve. Tonight I sat outside & watched the fountain, listened to the quiet palm trees rustle in the breeze... It's beautiful!

I can't believe the first week is half over already! I can tell the time is going to fly by. I'm enjoying meeting people from all over - a lot of Canadians! - who all have a common goal - improving their health. 

Off to the sauna...
xxxx Maria

Kingston & Easton enjoy fresh coconut water
The water fountain at night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been