.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 451 - Shrimp Tacos & Other Stuff

Besides dealing with every single possible family member who could remotely ruffle my feathers today, I continued to pack & try to get a few things done.

I went to the city in the late afternoon & took Mom2 & Dad2 out for shrimp tacos at Chili’s. I had promised Dad2 dinner at Chili’s before I left as a ‘thank you’ for looking after the girls. (Who, btw, managed to gain only a little weight. Valentina got into the cat bag on several occasions, so we have yet to get it right! Argh!) Greg had the biggest burger I’ve ever seen & Mom2 & I had shrimp tacos. They are by far the best I’ve had since Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It could also be that it’s been so long since I’ve had them that any shrimp taco is starting to taste good! Ha ha. We had a great meal & some wonderful laughs over dinner. They took my mind off the silliness that occurred earlier in the day!

Oh! I think I forgot to mention… Before I left for Cuba, when I had the arm pain & had phoned Dr. Daly about it, I’d mentioned that I would need my scan results over the phone. He wasn’t too impressed & had tried to change the date of my scan to ensure I would have the results before I left to join Jaco. Unfortunately the office had rescheduled it for the afternoon I was flying back from Havana! In fact, our plane hadn’t even left the ground & they were wanting me on the PET scan bed! I phoned today & it has been scheduled for the 15th of February, shortly after I return from Florida. I am pleased about this, as I wanted the three weeks in Florida to ‘detox’ & increase my chances of a cold scan. Fingers crossed & prayers answered there will be NO MORE CANCER IN THIS CHICK’S FUTURE!

xxxxMaria, Oceana, Valentina & Adios

Now THAT'S a burger!
Ooooh!!! Shrimp tacos!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been