.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Day 438 - Why I shouldn't have a cell phone.

So I'm trying hard to catch up, as I'm so far behind on the blog. Please forgive me if I don't elaborate too much on the past few posts!

Today I drove Mom to her eye appointment. She's considering laser eye surgery & today was the dilating test to see if she is eligible. As she can't drive afterwards, I agreed to drive her home.

We met Wilma for lunch before Mom's appointment. Her & Al just returned from a trip & I was excited to hear all about it! I'm hoping we can get together later & see some photos! Wilma always dresses sharp & today was no exception! I hope I stay on the fashion 'band wagon' - although I'm sure some already question my fashion these days! 30 extra pounds doesn't lend itself to fitting into your clothes that much, let alone looking stylish!

I dropped Mom off, not before she found my mitts that I 'dropped off' by the truck! Thanks Mom! I took her cell phone with me, so she could call me when she was finished. I boogied over to Riva's Ecostore to pick up some John Masters Organics for my trip to Cuba. They have a little travel kit & I was happy to find small bottles in healthy hair & skin products! On my way back I stopped in at GAP Adventures to see Michael. If you need a trip someplace far flung, he's your man! michaelk (@) gap.ca

I then went to Market Mall to snoop around while I waited for Mom's call. As my luck would have it, I thought it odd I hadn't heard from her, so I checked the phone. 2 missed calls. Whoops. Looks like I need to go pick her up! Only 2 more shops to stop in...

I picked her up, had a good parking spot to run in & grab her, and we were off. It was rush hour traffic & we needed to stop at Safeway for a turkey, as we were going to do Christmas dinner tomorrow night. This Safeway didn't carry turkeys. Yeah, I know. Weird. So, away we go to Superstore at Westhills. On the drive there, Mom asks me for her cellphone. I tell her it's in my purse. She looks through my purse & says it's not there. I get annoyed. Look harder. Of course it's there! We get to Superstore & I look. It's not there. I've lost Mom's cellphone. Great.

I get the turkey & we drive back to Market Mall. Oh please let it be there! On the way Mom harps at me & my driving. I'm not in the mood. I'm pretty worried now. This is why I don't have a cell phone! Well, another reason at least!

I go to the two shops I thought it might have been in. Nope. They direct me to security. I eventually find it after 2 wrong stops. Lo & behold they had the phone! Yay! Thank you! I don't win the Bad Daughter of The Year Award!

Finally we can drive home, 2 hours behind schedule thanks to my mindlessness! So much for packing for Cuba tonight! I had to make some pendants for Mom & Roxy, who were coming for dinner tomorrow night.

What a day. xxxx MVO&A

The King Eddy - my first blues house. Now condemned for demolishing. Sad! Although it did take me 3 showers to get the smoke outta my hair! Yuck! Music was amazing! 
The pod. From the bean we planted over 2 years ago! I'm impressed! 
The bean plant! 
Mikey & Me! 
Love without fear - Italian 
Believe in yourself & miracles - Italian 

Trust yourself - Italian

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning jewels! Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been