.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 448 - But I Don't Want To Go!

Well, it’s finally here. The last day in Cuba. Kim & I stayed in Vedado for our last morning, as we had spent our last pennies. I wanted to get a photo of the Malécon with a wave crashing & an old car (not asking for much, am I?), so we walked the streets of Vedado one last time. We savoured every beautiful smile, every curve of architecture & every chug of old car exhaust. We made it back to Fernando y Marisol’s place with 10 minutes to spare until our cab arrived to take us to the airport.

There was no checking for liquids, no laptop segregation, just scan the carry on & away we go. Our flight left late, which put us into Toronto late. I managed to miss my flight to Calgary & had to take a later flight home. I was slightly miffed, as I actually made it to the gate on time, but because the Customer Service Agent hadn’t written the flight number behind ‘Standby’, I couldn’t get on the plane! To make things worse, EVERY Air Canada Agent I encountered on the ground was HORRIBLE. They get a big fat ‘F’ for taking terrible care of their guests. When I approached the gate to see if I could catch the flight, the Attendant was actually hollering at some guests that apparently hadn’t heard their names over the intercom system. Um, who is the paying customer here? I quickly remembered why I choose WestJet on every possible occasion.

I finally made it home shortly after 0100 & Mom2 was there to meet me. Ooooh, it was so cold. I was happy to be home & see my family & friends & of course, the girls, but I was NOT happy to feel the cold weather again. Yuck.

I cuddled under the heavy blankets with the girls – happy to have them warm me up! Good night all!

xxxxMaria, Valentina & Oceana

One last breath of Cuban air!
**sniff, sniff**
Boo.
Our humble abode for the past week.
One last stroll to the Malecon
Stuff
Puppy
Market
Old house
Old house
Old house
Market
Old house
Old fence
Old truck at the market
Helping each other
Old fence
Parque John Lennon
The old fellow who brought us John's glasses - they keep getting stolen!
Parque John Lennon
Putting on John's glasses
Posing for a photo!
He takes our photo
Again
And again
Puppy
Malecon
Waves
Malecon
Fernando y Marisol
Cohiba!

Cohiba!

Malecon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been