.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Day 439 - Merry Christmas! Yes, Christmas.

Tonight was our Christmas dinner. Mom & I had a big blowout last night & thankfully we 'kissed & made up'. We got started on the dinner in the morning right away. That's when my arm started to hurt. My picc site started to ache. I got a little worried, as tomorrow I'm off to Cuba. I do NOT need to get into trouble health wise while I'm out of Canada!

We finished as much as we could & Mom drove me to Black Diamond. We saw her friend, Dee Dee, who just got engaged. It was great to see her! I saw a Dr. Ray (I think!) & he was really nice - in true Black Diamond fashion. The nurse was also nice, she did my last & final (!) neupogen shot for me! Yay! I took Kingston & Easton with me so they could make an appearance at the hospital. Dr. Ray basically told me he didn't think it was a blood clot, but if my arm started to swell & turn purple below the picc site, I needed to get on a plane & head back to Canada. Comforting!

On the way to Black Diamond, I grabbed Mom's phone to call someone & saw that Al & Wilma had called. I said, 'Oh! Al & Wilma called! I wonder what they wanted...' & dialed their number before Mom could interrupt. As it was ringing, she said, 'They are probably calling for directions. I invited them for dinner tonight & was going to keep it a surprise!' Whoops! I blew it!

We stopped to pick up a few last minute groceries & headed home. We weren't home very long & the guests started arriving. (!) Mom2 & Dad2 were the first to arrive & they helped A LOT! They put all my boxes in the back of the truck & helped with the dinner preparations. We hadn't expected to be so long in Black Diamond, so we were running behind schedule! (And we're always late!)

Dinner was at 1800. I think we ate about 1930? At least everyone was hungry by the time we actually sat down to eat it! It was a great meal & we had a wonderful visit with Al & Wilma, Kevin & Roxy, Mom2 & Dad2 & of course, Mom. And thank you for all your help! We made a great team!

Speaking of teams, the guys streamed the highly disappointing Canada vs. Russia hockey game on Mom's big computer. They were happy to watch the game while the ladies whipped up a frenzy in the kitchen!

Roxy & Mom both liked their pendants that I made for them, so I was happy about that! I'm always nervous making something for someone. I don't want them to feel awkward about it if they don't like it!

I did my best to pack my bags for Cuba after everyone left, but it was late & I was quite tired... The bone pain was also settling in again. For one last time!

xxxxMaria, Valentina, Oceana, & Adios

 Kingston & Easton help make the stuffing
Mom hard at work already! 
 Tweet Pea & her gingerbread man.
 Kingston & Easton in the hospital with me.
 Al, Wilma, Mom & I
 Roxy, er, Britney
 Rihanna
Kevin & Roxy - thanks again for your help!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been