.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Day 527 - Dominica

Thank you Nic. He convinced me to go diving today & I am SO glad I did. I remembered why Dominica is one of my favourite diving spots. First of all, I almost got the ripped wetsuit again. I think I mentioned previously about the bum/wetsuit story - they tried to give me the same one as Larisa had. I told them I needed a different one! Bad omen!


When we were in the water, I was amazed. Just as we dipped over the edge, there was a big turtle & he swam right through our group! He wasn't shy at all! We saw a SEAHORSE! I was so excited! I was content after the seahorse! That was enough for me! I could have gone home happy! We saw so much, I'm trying to remember what all we saw... scorpion fish, plenty of different eels - spotted snake eel, garden eels, spotted moray eel, peacock flounder, puffer fish... And of course, we had a stop at Champagne Reef on our second dive. The bubbles & warm water are amazing. I was NOT ready to get out of the water! And no headache! I took an Actifed before the dive & I was fine! No problems! So, I suppose I'll be a drug junkie from now on! I'll use that trick in the future for sure!


I also dove with a lovely couple from Scotland. They were also on the dive in Grand Cayman with me & on the tour to Nevis yesterday! We had a great time!


Once we were back at the ship, it was time to pack. Today was the last day! I had no choice but to squeeze it all in! It took me until late tonight. There wasn't a goodbye - it would have to wait until the morning & hopefully I'd be able to find those I was hoping to say goodbye to! What a great last day! Thanks Nic! Enjoy the diving next cruise!


xxxxMaria


Suh-weet turtle! 
 Swim through!
 SEAHORSE
 Lobzilla
 I forget what this is
 ?

 Writing what's what
 Peacock flounder


 Lobzilla!



 Starfish
 Nic!
 :o)
 Nic


 Crab


 Can you see it?
 Now? Look below!
  Garden Eels
Spotted Snake Eel 
 Again
 Again
 Sea Cucumber
 Porcupine Fish




 Baby Eel
 Checking out the warm water vent
 Champagne Reef



 Eel
 Eel
 Scorpion Fish
 Peacock Flounder
 Nic
 My friends from Scotland




 About to get back onboard

Last day on the Sea Princess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been