.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 538 - Hangin' Out In Hermanus

Today was a lovely day. We woke up late, as usual. Our alarms had rang at 0430, 0930 & 1030 unexpectedly. We eventually woke up at - well, you get the picture. Jaco went to the bank to sort out a few things & I did yoga on the deck in the sunshine. When he returned from the bank, we went downtown to check out the health shop.


They carry Bragg's, but they were out of it. The lady took my name & number & is going to call me when the order comes in. I also contacted the Get Grounded guy & asked him if he would make an extension for my grounding mat & adapt it for North America so I can still use it when I go home. Yes! Yay!


After the health shop, we wandered around downtown Hermanus, but the shops were busy closing, so we didn't get a whole lot accomplished. We did see 2 adorable labs sitting in an old Mercedes & they made for a cute photo. See below!


Jaco drove us around town for a bit & we checked out the new buildings, construction & changes that have occurred since my last visit. It's incredible how the town has grown & evolved! We stopped at a little pool where Jaco used to swim when he was a boy. The tides fill the pool as they come in & out, but the water is very cold. Not my idea of a fun swim spot! We drove past the township & I am amazed at how these people live. Tin shacks, rags for clothes, but still smiling! It's such a different world from what I know!


We returned to the house & Jaco wasted some time on Facebook, while I wasted some time playing Angry Birds Rio. I think I'm behind in the scheme of things, but it's a fun little game! We had dinner - a traditional South African dish that combines bananas & ground beef. I didn't eat the beef. Oops. It's called 'bobotie' & pleases the carnivorous palate!


I spoke with my Mother this evening & tried to understand her plans for Norway. We're trying to get organized & sort out where/when we're going to go when we're there.


And now, here I sit. Trying to catch up on the blog. G'nite all... xxxxMaria


 Hermanus
 Jaco strikes a pose
 My baby & me
 low-tide - apparently you never see the sand!
 waves
 downtown
 LOVE this dog








 the pool Jaco used to swim in
 old house










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been