.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, April 01, 2011

Day 525 - Antigua

Yawn. I'm beat. I was up until 0230 working on Becky's birthday card. It's her birthday today. She phoned me at 0930 this morning to see what I was doing. (Sleeping) She called again at 1130. Still sleeping! I got up after the 2nd wake up call & made arrangements to meet her out at a bar with Nelis & Tim for a drink & then for lunch. I quickly rushed out to get the birthday card printed before I joined them. 


I had previously spoken to Becky about a day at the beach, but when I joined them, no one was in beach gear. Antigua has the best beaches & this was my last one. I was a bit bummed that we wouldn't be going in the water today. In any case, I tagged along for lunch. I didn't eat anything, as I thought I might bow out & sneak away to the beach. In the end I didn't, but I enjoyed some political/religious talk with the boys & Becky!


I went back to the ship & headed out on deck for a bit of sunshine. While I was lying on my belly, I felt a little tickle on my back & then noticed some black soot all over the postcards I was writing. Where on Earth did that come from? I looked over & there was a large man, also on his belly & he had a massive chunk of soot on his back. Yuck. That was the end of the sunning session!


On my way down to the Medical Centre, I ran into Carla & Alessia. They were having ice cream sundaes. It was British Sailaway, so we watched the Brits wave their flags & sing patriotic songs as we left our berth in Antigua. 


In the evening, we went for supper for Becky's birthday. She's quite the birthday girl. I've never met anyone who specifies their birthday cake request - actually fills it out! Orders chocolate covered strawberries, goes for drinks, lunch & dinner... I suppose we could all take a few lessons on how to have a birthday! We had a wonderful team dinner at the pizzeria. It would be the last meal at the pizzeria, so we enjoyed visiting with Rafeeq, Maja & Danka one last time! Of course, Rafeeq gave Jaco his usual plate of nuts to keep him happy!


What a day! Tomorrow will be a little more packing... I'm getting there! 


xxxxMaria


Having a drink & checking birthday texts 
 Lunch with the boys!
 Where they had lunch
 British sailaway
 Wavin' the flags
 Sailing out of Antigua
 The Pilot leaving
 Nice views
 The choir sang while we were trying to dine. It was VERY loud.
 Nic & Nelis
 Tim & Rebecca
 Maja
 Jaco & Becky
 Nic shows us what's under the uniform!
 Having a laugh
 Spoon
 Becky's cake
 Happy Birthday Girl
Her card
The inside of the card!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been