.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 539 - Nothing & Mom's Birthday!

I asked Jaco what we did today. 'Nothing' was the reply. I would beg to differ, but I don't have much to stand on.


Woke up late. Again. Got ready for what was left of the day & then went downtown to the bank. They are very friendly at the bank. I sat on the couch, waiting for Jaco & there must have been about 5 different people come & ask me if I needed help with anything. One of the Supervisors came & chatted with me for a bit. It was nice to see! 


The downtown core has changed a lot since I was last here. There is a new hotel & the souvenir stalls that once lined the parking lot have been given official & permanent stalls. The parking lot has changed & been redone in bricks vs. pavement. There is also a giant whale sculpture on the edge of the parking lot. One of Mom's favourite shops is no longer there. She had ordered a belt, well, just asked me to get one for her, but I'm afraid the lady is no longer there! Jaco & I were discussing how businesses survive in Hermanus, as it never appears to be busy, but then again, I'm only ever here in the winter, so who knows what high season is like!


We looked at wedding bands for Jaco, as his has disappeared. We've inquired about the cost of a new one & they are going to get back to us. We delivered a few baked goods for his Mom & then settled in for the night. We were making a big salad when the brine from the feta accidentally spilled all over the floor, counter & myself. Grr. I am grossed out by most cheeses at the best of times, so this wasn't a favourite moment of the day. Thankfully everything could be cleaned up & it didn't ruin the salad! 


I spent the rest of the evening cleaning up the room & reorganizing the space that we have. I was moving one of Jaco's envelope's when I noticed some letters inside. They were the Christmas cards for his family I had sent him home with last November. JACO! ARGH! That was the end of the tidying. I had seen enough. 


Okay. Enough is enough. I'm off to bed 'early' with the hopes that I will get up earlier tomorrow!


And... today is Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom! I'm far away, but I hope your day was nothing short of extraordinary! I love you & miss you dearly!


xxxxMaria


 The Hermanus Whale

 Cute lil' cottage
 Shutters & vines
 I'm going back to take a photo of this place from the front. Straight outta Tuscany.
 Sunset from the Fisherman's Wharf
 Fishermen
 Just the two of us
 Jaco post-tidy
The roses on the table were in the room on the night of the 7th when we arrived. I've taken only 2 out that were wilted. Impressive! Thanks Petro!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been