.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 548 - Rain! Precious Rain!

Thankfully today was a rainy day. I'm not lovin' the damp weather, but grateful for the moisture. The local dam is at 20% full, so water is a precious commodity about now. In fact, the cost of water was supposed to go up this weekend, so hopefully this will keep the price increase at bay. We'll see. 


Jaco & I took a little drive around town. We stopped at the Checkers to pick up a few things & then headed home. Petro made a wonderful dinner - this amazing mushroom & garlic cream sauce with rice, beans & a big salad. There was meat too, but neither Jaco or I took any. I think Sis is happy about that, but not so much Petro! 


I spent a while fixing her computer for her. The Internet Explorer isn't working so well. The display looks really antiquated, so I have swapped it over to Google Chrome & now it looks a bit more normal.


Hennie & I watched Carte Blanche. Usually it's a show about stirring up trouble amongst businesses/government in South Africa, but today it was about the Royal Wedding. I suppose that's all we'll see for the week to come. I'd like to know how much money people will make off of the wedding of these two! Ridiculous! Doughnuts, candies, fridges, the list is endless... 


After Carte Blanche, I watched bits & pieces of Invictus. I was Skyping with Andy, a friend from back home, so I was only half paying attention to the movie. We haven't spoke for a LONG time, so it was great to catch up. Of course, the rest of the night was spent on the blog. I'm nearly caught up! I can almost taste the freedom! Ha ha! If you're out there reading, let me know! I'm beginning to wonder! 


Happy Easter
xxxxMaria



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been