.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, April 02, 2010

Day 162 - Hmpf. Argh. Grrr. (I'm a perplexed & grumpy Pirate!) :o)

Well, today was an interesting day to say the least. I was again, the last one on the list for treatments... It is just SO BUSY at the clinic! Today was my appointment with Dr. Castillo. I waited for only a few minutes & then Karla called me in. 


Dr. Castillo talked to me about my blood work, which for the most part, is much better than when I was here before. There is a little bit more inflammation than before, but my cancer marker is lower than last time! He copied my chemo fit test & my most recent CT scan. Then came the news. Yup. Chemo. But that's not even the worst of it! He said he wanted me to meet with his Oncologist, Dr. Losano. A quick call to Dr. Losano & I will meet with him on Monday. Basically Dr. Castillo told me I would do ABVD (same as in Canada) every 2 weeks for 6 months. I asked if it would be low dose & he replied that it would be the 'right dose for you'. Hmm. He said I would need anti-nausea medication & I would also lose my hair. Hmm. Totally not what I expected to hear. I will wait until Monday before I make any further decisions. Dr. Castillo wants me here for 2 weeks to do the first 2 rounds before I go away. He also said I could find a Doctor back home to administer the chemo & that would save me the flights to Mexico. Somehow I think if I can't find a Doctor to help me with my shots, chances are slim to none in finding a Doctor to give me chemo drugs! Anyhow, I will keep you updated on what happens on Monday.


Dr. Castillo checked my breathing, blood pressure, weight (152!), height, my neck & underarms. I'm still alive. :o) 


I had my IV right after & managed to get back to the hotel about 1300. Today was the day to visit the pet shop & get the kennel, potty, & health certificate sorted out. City Dog is at one of the trolley stops, so it was convenient to go there. The owner was very helpful  in finding me the right pup-head astro-turf potty, the right sized kennel & sending me to the vet around the corner. I needed to get an International Health Certificate for Valentina before we go to the ship. I have also discovered that she will need to be shipped cargo. I am very afraid to send her as cargo. 


I stopped at Target after the pet shop & picked up some heating packs. You know the kind you put on sore muscles? Well, I figured I could put those in her kennel to keep her warm. They last for 8 hours, so that will almost do the trick. Her last 4 hours will be chilly, but hopefully she'll be okay. I picked up a fleecy pillow cover to put in the bottom of the kennel. I'm sure she'll mess on it, but at least it will be warm - until the mess!


I accidentally took the wrong trolley on the way home & ended up in a real ghetto area. I was pretty worried I'd be the victim of a drive by shooting! I was pretty happy to see the trolley come along & take me back to the right trolley stop! Whoopsie!


Heavily weighted down, I fumbled my way onto the trolley & then the bus, exhausted from a full day. Again. I went to Coco's for another baked potato & steamed veggies. I think it depends on who the Cook is, as my potato & veggies were a lot more well done than the previous time! 


Anyhow, I'm wiped, so I'll see you tomorrow!!!! 
Love & hugs,
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Bubu Settete!

My little blog helper!

Waiting on the trolley

Iris Trolley Station

On the Orange Line

'Do not let your children or pets play with plastic bags!' 
I left this bag on the chair & when I came back to the room, Valentina was tangled up! Whoopsie!!!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad she has to go cargo! Do you think she will chew/eat the heat packs? janis **and I forgot to ask on Skype...did your mom get a puppy?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been