.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Day 166 - New Do!

Another rough night of sleep, I managed to get up & get rolling... 42 minutes after my alarm went off & no, I didn't actually hit snooze THAT many times... I accidentally turned off the snooze button!!


I took the pee pad to Tijuana today & Valentina did her duty on the pad! It was a little quick work on my part, but mid-duty, I picked her up & put her on the pad. And then praised her. Oh Lord, help me! We'll see what happens tomorrow!


I was again, the last one on the list for treatments (yesterday too!). After I finished, Karla asked me if I wanted to go for my haircut on Thursday. I was flexible, so I said, 'Sure'. She phoned & today was Priscila's last day! She was going on holidays! 


I took the shuttle back to the hotel & left Valentina in the room. Mario took me back to the clinic & I waited until Karla was ready. She drove me to the salon, along with Emily & Nora. I thought they were done work for the day, but when the cab driver took me back to the clinic, there they were! I guess they weren't finished! 


Dear Priscila, the beautiful stylist who cut my hair 4 months ago, did a wonderful job again. Karla did a quick explanation of what I wanted & then left me with Priscila. Priscila doesn't speak English & my haircutting Spanish is non-existent! 'Muchos Gracias' & 'Muy Bonita' is about as good as I can do! Oh yeah, 'Suave' too! That's 'Thank you very much, very pretty & smooth'. I love the fact that I can sit there for 40 minutes & not exchanged a word & walk out feeling beautiful! We'll see what tomorrow brings when I have to style my hair alone! Priscila had just had her own hair coloured, in preparation for her holidays. I tried to tell her 'Have a good holiday' in Spanish, but I didn't get very far - 'good days without work' - I thought that was pretty good, but poor Priscila just looked at me funny!


I loved the haircut & the ride across town was fun too! The hills are nice & green right now - daisies are blooming. I made it back to the clinic just in time to catch the shuttle back to the hotel. I rode with a lady from Jamaica, a couple from Utah & a gentleman from Vancouver. 


Today was a wonderfully sunny day! The first real warm day we've had so far! I was very happy to soak up some sunshine. Valentina & I enjoyed a lie in the sun while we waited for treatment. I planned on going outside once I got back to the hotel, but again, I was wiped! I laid in bed for most of the evening & now I'm going to crash again! I missed the shuttle to Henry's today, so I will have to make the trek to Whole Foods again before too many more days pass. 


Thanks for the comments you've been leaving - it's great to hear from all of you & I hope I can give you some exciting news in a week or so!!!


Sleep well & see you soon! xxxxxx
Maria & Valentina


Blue skies & sunshine!

Maria enjoys the sunshine!

Valentina enjoys the sunshine

Priscila & I


Obsession Salon


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been