.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 174 - A Shipping We Will Go.

Happy to be back at the clinic this morning! It's seriously a little bubble where everyone is happy & laughing & loving life. Today Donna & Eleanor took me shopping on Revolucion. It is the main touristy area in TJ.


Sadly, the media in the States have really hyped up the crime & drama there. It's not nearly as bad as they say. It's like the crime in LA. If you go to the ghetto & hang out with the drug dealers, you're bound to experience some troubles. It was nothing like the media claims. We took a taxi, walked up & down the street, had some lunch, bargained & bartered & took a cab back. No problemo! 


I was quite proud of my bargaining skills! I picked out 3 bracelets & the crazy fool wanted $280! He came down to $250. I told him I wanted to spend about $100. I got them for $135! Not bad if I do say so myself! 


I also bought a straw hat for the beach, but decided that it would be too tough to pack, so it would get shipped home! Whoopsie! Donna & Eleanor were picking up things left, right & center. We had a lot of fun! They are really great gals!


Once I was back to the hotel, I beelined it for the Post Office. I wanted to find out how much it would cost to ship some of my things home, rather than paying 2x for an extra suitcase on the plane. I bought a box & headed home. While I was packing up my things, I had a skype chat with Roxy. Valentina modeled her new sombrero for Roxy & Kevin. Awh, how cute. 10 minutes later, Valentina comes trotting around the corner of the bed with a shredded sombrero in her mouth. Hmpf. Guess she'd rather be Italiano than Mexicano! :o)


It didn't take long to fill up the box with unnecessary items. Seeing as I would be visiting Jaco for 3 weeks instead of 6, I was able to send a lot of things home. Much to my dismay, my new (used once) luggage scale was broken! Argh! Rip off!!! Unfortunately I had 9 bottles of DMSO to travel with, which was about 12 lbs alone! Not to mention the other 15 lbs of pills & supplements! Goodness me! Glad I was headed to the Caribbean & I would really need is a bikini! :o)


Exhausted again, I fell into bed & slept fast. It was another short night! Tomorrow it was back to the Post Office to ship the box(es).
xxxxx
Maria & Valentina




Revolucion

Donna & Eleanor

Mexicano talent!

Ole! Yarriba! Andale! Vamanos!

One day we'll sip lemonade on our front porch. (from glasses like these!)

Mayan statue

Ol' Mexicano peddling his wares.

Valentina & the soon-to-be-shredded Sombrero!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been