.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 187 - Tortola, BVI

Today was Tortola, BVI – British Virgin Islands. I had never been here before & obviously neither had Valentina! Much to my surprise, Valentina was allowed ashore! I had slept quite late & by the time Jaco was finished with clinic, we were ready to head out.

We were on a mission to find a shower water filter. We took a cab to the local plumbing shop & to my complete & utter glee, they had ONE left! Hooray! Oh please let this take away my eczema. Did I mention it’s all over my feet, legs, arms, neck, chest, back, belly, face… Horrid. Simply horrid. I even took drugs for it yesterday! It’s that bad!

After our plumbing stop, we headed downtown. Perhaps we missed the ‘downtown’ others were referring to, or perhaps there just wasn’t really a downtown. In any case, we didn’t see a whole lot, but we enjoyed ourselves. Valentina had a nice long walk & we took her to a little craft market, which was right by the water. I was going to walk her into the water to cool her off a little, when I realized the concrete pad we were standing on was COVERED in urchins! Gulp! Thank goodness I didn’t take her another 2 steps! She would have been one lame puppy!!! Poor thing! Close call!

We wandered along the side streets & checked out the artsy little shops off the beaten path. It reminded me a little of St. Thomas, which is part of the US Virgin Islands. We stopped in a wig shop & the wigs were cheap! $24! I wanted to try a few on, but we didn’t have much cash with us, so onwards & upwards…

We stopped for an Italian gelato – Pink Grapefruit! Yum! Then, it was time to head back to the ship. Jaco had clinic & Tweet Pea was pretty beat. She drank & then slept straight away! I wandered back out for a souvenir & then took her upstairs for my dinner & sailaway. It was really pretty as we sailed out of the harbour. I think Jaco can work in the BVI – that would be fun!

After dinner, I took Valentina to the shops to say hello to a few of the girls she met a few days back. They were completely enamoured with her. In fact, one of the girls was headed on her break & asked if she could take Valentina with her. Away we went to the crew bar. Everyone was excited to see her! She had her fill of cuddles & kisses! Although she was a little disappointed to find out they didn’t serve doggy biscuits at the bar! :o)

Tomorrow is St. Maarten & I’m not sure if Valentina will be allowed off or not. Fingers crossed we can enjoy another day at the beach!

Hugs & kisses,
Jaco, Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Papa susses out the sights

It's a happy tongue!

Local craft market

Cute & kitsch touristy stuff

Investigating the water

She loves her Papa - check out that smile!

Mama's turn!

The Happy Family

Cute lil' side streets with unique shops

Sunset & sailaway

Daniela & Valentina hit up the crew bar!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of you and Jaco on the rocks with Valentina, nice that the ship is in the background, too. Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been