.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 185 - At Sea Again.

Today was pretty quiet, as far as excitement was concerned. I did my best to type a few blog entries & resize photos. I did a few loads of laundry & entertained the thought of going to the gym. I didn't end up going, but I entertained it! :o)


I spent a big chunk of the day trying to sort out Medical stuff. I am trying to phone Doctor's & hospitals from a Satellite phone. If you have any idea how frustrating this is... I don't have a number they can call me back on. It's $4.95/minute to call a satellite phone & no Doctor is going to do that. I offer my email address, but no Doctor likes to email. All I seem to get are answering machines. When I do finally get through, the Doctor isn't available. Oh, and the ship's phone automatically cuts me off if I'm on hold longer than a few minutes!!! ARGH!


I am wanting to book a lung function test to monitor my lungs throughout the chemo. I also want to book a heart function test to monitor my heart throughout the chemo. Lastly, I am desperately trying to get into the fertility clinic to 'preserve' my options.


Tonight, Jaco & I went to the medical centre after dinner. He had to check on a patient & I wanted to print something. I had left my dinner plate on the desk in the room. BIG MISTAKE. Jaco finished earlier than I & went to the cabin. He phoned me & asked me if I had given Valentina a chicken bone. NO! I most certainly hadn't. Oh dear. I asked what was left on the plate. He said a few shrimp tails & half a spring roll. Wow. She really outdid herself this time!  


The remnants on the plate meant that she had consumed, in 10 minutes or less:
1. One coconut chicken breast
2. One coconut chicken drumstick
3. One big dollop of sour cream
4. Mini pizza crusts


Her belly was so distended it wasn't even funny. She could barely jump up on the couch! They say everyone gains weight on their cruise. I guess she's no exception to the rule! I was surprised she ate it, as Jaco has cheese plates every night & often leaves the cheese. It will sit all night & all morning & she doesn't touch it. Mind you, I wouldn't want to touch blue cheese either! 


I also had a horrible migraine today. I actually got sick to my stomach with it! I haven't done that in about 4 years! I have no clue what brought it on, but it was a doozy! Thank goodness I wasn't ashore when it happened! Here's hoping it doesn't happen again!


Tomorrow we're in the Dominican Republic & I think she'll be VERY HAPPY if she's allowed ashore & able to find a nice grass patch!


With love & hugs & full bellies,
Maria, Jaco & Valentina
xxxxxoooooxxxxxooooo


Watching sports, approximately 10 minutes prior to the incident.

The remnants. 

Now that is a full belly!

She's so full, even her eyes are bulging!!! :o)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been