.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 179 - Trinidad


Today was a new place! Unfortunately Valentina wasn’t allowed off, so I didn’t go too far. I waited until Jaco returned from his morning clinic & then wandered out by myself.

It was a taxi ride to downtown & 45 minutes one way to the beach. As I only had about 2 hours until we sailed, I didn’t have enough time to head there! I wandered around the craft market & checked out the terminal. They had a very interesting display on steel drums & how they were made.

It was intensely hot! I love to feel the heat & have my skin nice & sticky! Beats the heck out of feeling like an Alligator from the moment I arrive in Calgary! I think I age another 5 years each time I land!

Apparently Trinidad is having the worst drought since WWII. Farmers are being forced to sell livestock because there isn’t enough food or water & the cost of purchasing feed for them is too high! Here’s hoping things turn around for this island quickly!

Once I was back onboard, I did a yoga session. Jaco went to the gym & I felt like I should do something constructive. I managed to make it through the entire video – yes, it was the same video I only lasted 8 minutes in previously! Hooray! But I certainly don’t feel very motivated to do a whole lot more!!!

Not a very eventful day in Trinidad, but here’s to tomorrow in Grenada & a fun day out with Valentina! Her first day off in the Caribbean! I bet she’ll be VERY happy to see a patch of grass! (Still no luck with the potty box today)

Love & hugs,
Maria, Valentina & Papa
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Carnival costume!

The Makings of a Steel Drum!

Trinidad - one of the largest islands in the Caribbean

Oh the sun & the sea - that's the place for me.

Won't you take me to... Funkytown...


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got home and turned computer on excited to read your updates... looks like you better enjoy the heck the out of that sun compared to the photos I sent you! hugs to you all Mom

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been