.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 183 - Sea Day

Well, I suppose I had my share of sun, sand & sea these past few days, as I slept quite late today! I do love a good sleep-in! Even more exciting was the fact that Valentina used the potty box! I got her started (expressing her bladder) & then she finished up the job! Sadly, she didn't go again & there was no #2 involved, but tomorrow's another day! She's pretty much on the ship all week, so she had better get used to it!

Her & Papa are bonding wonderfully. They cuddle & play all the time. It makes me laugh - Jaco & I will share a kiss or two & as soon as her little ears hear the smooching noise, she's right in there, licking our faces! Every time, without fail! :o)

Today, I also finished my last & final expense sheet for bankruptcy! I am official finished with my bankruptcy! YAY! Celebration!!! If all goes as planned, I shouldn't be hearing from the Insolvency company again! Let the rebuilding begin! I also found out I had a parking ticket… You remember the post right before I left for Mexico this last time? I was running around downtown Calgary trying to pay my speeding ticket? Well, those little turkeys tried to ding me with a ticket! I had Mom's truck & accidentally entered in one of the incorrect numbers on the license plate. I entered 'RXY 221' instead of 'RXY 721'. You'd think they would pick up on that, as it's only a one block section with only a few parking spots. Nope. They sent me a ticket. Luckily I had printed receipts both times I paid my parking. We scanned them tonight & sent them off to Mom. Hah! Take that Parking Authority!

I am also pleased to report that the eczema is pretty much gone from my forearms, bicep & belly. BUT. I am NOT pleased to report that I have a far more intense case of eczema breaking out on my feet, calves, wrists, chest, back & knees. Ugh. It is brutal! I'm quite sure it's the chlorinated water on the ship, but it's pretty hectic itching! I had a good sand scrub yesterday in Aruba, but I can tell it's going to need a whole lot more to get rid of it!!! The old stuff was patchy & scaly. The new stuff is bumpy & blistery - like pickle skin. How sexxy! 

I called the Oncologist back home today, but unfortunately he is away until Monday. I also called Mom. Still no Annie in the picture, but she did tell me about a nearby kennel. Why would you need a kennel when you don't have a dog? That's like having braille on a drive through ATM. No really, it seems to be a recurring joke in my life these days. And it's seriously true! How many blind people drive? I get they need money, but really? 

It's been a little 'queer' these past few days. As I sit in this beautiful big cabin, typing my long overdue blog posts, I glance over at the 'Officers Telephone List'. It reads - 'Staff Captain - Nick Boon' & 'Seco (Security Officer) - Jane Boon'. What's so queer about that? Well, Nick was my first 'ship boyfriend'. He's now married to Jane, a former ships Assistant Shop Manager/Former Bobby (Cop) now Security Officer. They are no longer on the ship anymore, but it just seems weird that they were here shortly before I arrived. I haven't spoken to Nick in 3+ years. I thought we were good friends, but one day he emailed me & asked me to never contact him again. Bizarre. I think his fiance/now wife had some control issues. Anyhow… Thank goodness that is part of the past!  

Tonight we watched sports. Yawn. Then we watched The Hangover. Or rather, I watched the Hangover while Jaco & Valentina slept. They are both so adorable when they sleep. Did I mention my husband is a dead ringer for Christian Bale? Only Jaco can save your life too! :o)

Okay, I better stop tooting my horn & get to bed… Love & hugs… Tomorrow is Montego Bay. Man, this cruise is like living that Beach Boys song - Kokomo… 
xxxxx
Maria, Valentina & Jaco (Yaah-ku)

Beach bums catching up on zzz's

Looooooong day at sea!

Papa keeping an eye on Tweet Pea


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have the Baby Bottom Better salve with you, put it everywhere - it's great for eczema, too! ...now back to reading your blog....I've got some catching up to do! Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been