.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Day 164 - Holy S**t!!!! It's An Earthquake!

Today was a wonderful day. I slept in! I thought I might go out for a bit, but in the end, I stayed put. I slept until 1100 & took my time getting rolling. I cleaned the new blender & made a yummy green smoothie - spinach, mint, mango, banana & pineapple. 


I rolled out my yoga mat with good intentions. I lasted 8 minutes in a 43 minute routine. Pooh. Well, here's to 10 minutes next time! I then decided to wash a few things by hand. 


Valentina had wee'd on the new pillow cover I put in her kennel. Argh. I put her on her pad every 15-20 minutes & then she goes in her kennel! So, I decided to wash the cover, along with my clothes, along with Valentina & then me! 


I had washed the dark clothes & was in the middle of washing the lights, squatting in the tub, naked as a jaybird, ready for my shower, scrubbing a shirt, when I felt like I was rocking back & forth. I steadied myself in the tub, but then I realized the tub was rocking! OH MY GOSH! IT'S AN EARTHQUAKE! CRAP! WHAT DO I DO?


I've never been in an earthquake! I ran out into the passage way & just stood there, feeling the entire hotel room rock back & forth. What do I do? Where do I go? I shouldn't stand here - what if the roof falls on me? Maybe I should hide under something - but what if it collapses? Maybe I should go outside - clothes! Clothes would be good! I could see the curtains swaying back & forth in the room - I went to the curtains & peeked out the window. People were standing by the fence next to the pool. The waves in the pool were splashing over the edges. Sheesh! This is crazy! When I didn't see the people by the pool panicking, I thought I didn't need to either! I'm guessing it lasted about a minute or so before I couldn't notice it anymore. I shakily entered a Facebook status about the quake. I certainly didn't think today would be the day I would experience an earthquake. I guess I never thought I would experience one! The epicentre was 108 miles away from San Diego near Mexicali, Mexico. It registered 7.2 on the Richter scale. 


I went back to washing & I had no sooner bathed Valentina, cleaned her ears & teeth, when I left the bathroom to get something. I returned to the bathroom to find her having pee'd all over the bath mat. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? ARGH! Well, now I was going to have to go out. I needed stain remover or bleach! Or both!


I took Valentina outside with her pad with the hopes that she would do #2 on the pad. After a failed first attempt, I managed to catch her half way through the act & picked her up & put her on the pad. I look over & there were two ladies from the clinic in their car, watching me praise my dog as she pooped on a piece of astro-turf. 


Okay, so the earthquake was strange for this foreigner, but I'm sure what they just saw, was just as strange for them! They offered to take me to the grocery store, so I jumped at the chance to get my stain remover! 


I've never used bleach before, so I was very happy when the towels looked 'white' again! 


I managed to catch up on the blog, while I watched some crazy American TV. Have you ever seen America's Worst Drivers? I was literally choking I was laughing so hard! They were terrible! How did they even get their license? Too funny! Then I saw a bit of a show called something like 'Rehab Room' or something like that. A bunch of crazy addicts just out of rehab - including Dennis Rodman. It was pretty pathetic. Then I managed to see Jessica Simpson in India doing some Aruvedic spa treatments. She & her friends did a neti pot, hot oil treatments & then drank a herbal tea to get rid of excess gases in the body. Needless to say, I've never heard belching like that before! It was pretty funny too! Maybe I'll ask around for some! :o) Then they helped a girl get a cleft pallet operation. In India 1 in 5 children are born with a cleft pallet! If you go to Smiles for Smiles, they will donate $1 for every smile photo received towards the surgeries! I did it & it only takes 30 seconds!


Anyhow, I'm off to bed... It's been a big day! Shake, rattle & roll... Shaken, not stirred... Just roll with it... :o)


Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Tweet Pea naps.


The drying rack!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
I bet that earthquake was a bit scary. I have heard that animals will know when something like that is going to happen, maybe that is why Valentina pee'd in the wrong places, she was nervous about the quake. Take care and happy blogging.
Audrey

Jenn said...

Ok. I just about peed my pants reading about you in the tub during an earthquake!! OMGoodness, I must have missed your Fb post about it! Yikes!

Poor Valentina. I'm sorry it's been so hard for her. I hope she catches on to the potty pad. If all else fails you could always just use a bathmat I guess?!?

Glad you are ok, I'd love to chat soon.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been