.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 175 - Happy 39th Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday to My Wonderful Mother! I hope your day is extra special & you filled it with a little dog named Annie! :o) I'm still waiting to hear the news that Valentina has a sister or Aunt. (As Mom says, 'I'm my own Grandpa') :o)


Today I had a free shower at the clinic. Actually, I had my teeth cleaned, but there was so much water spraying everywhere, it was like I had a shower! Yup, for those of you who hate paying for dental work, it was $25 to have my teeth cleaned. I found out later that since it was my first cleaning, Castillo's clinic doesn't charge you anything! Ha! I like that deal! 


I boogied back to the hotel & made my way straight to the Post Office. Of course, today was April 15th, when all the Americans have to have their papers ($$) to the IRS (I think). So, 1.5 hrs later I had my boxes shipped! The queue was about 30 people deep & after I was served, it was a little longer! The Customs forms want a very detailed account of what is in the boxes. Each form only has 4 lines. I had 25 different items. Yeah. I took a little while! 


After the post office ordeal, it was down town to return a few things & hopefully find a weigh scale that worked! I stopped in at City Dog & took back the astro turf that never did seduce Valentina into using it. I then headed to Abercrombie & Fitch & found Jaco a sweet deal on a shirt & hoodie. ($12 for the shirt & $20 for the hoodie) I then found a weigh scale with a 1 yr warranty! Yay!


My day was slightly dimmed when a creepy dude named Willie tried to pick me up at the trolley stop - gold teeth, dreadlocks, red shirt & red shorts - tempting, but NO!!!! Oh where for art thou Jaco?!? Then his buddy proceeded to 'slyly' take photos of my backside on his cell phone. Lord help me get home safely! I have never been so happy to see that Blue Line Trolley come rolling along!


I was up until 0245 packing. Yup. Another 2 boxes to ship tomorrow. My luggage weighed 35 lbs each. Surely to goodness that would keep me underweight for the flight tomorrow? SURELY. 


Dulce Suenos,
Maria y Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


The fruit man sells delicious fruit outside the clinic!

The best edible flower ever!

Waiting for the bus home!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jill for the birthday wishes, my only wish in the whole world is for you to surpass chemo and show the world you can go on and dive the Barrier reef and experience the joys of motherhood and run a marathon and be an ambassador for thousands of other the journey you travelled... the do's and dont's of living with cancer. The journey to surrendering...let go and let God. We are not in control as we are led to believe we should be. I love you Jill, with a mothers love, Mom

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been