.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Day 167 - Finally! We Venture Out!

I did my hair! Yup, it looked pretty good, if I do say so! I didn't manage to back comb it like Priscila did, but it stayed under! The buses were so full at the clinic, we needed a 4th bus! Things are really getting busy now! 


It was a beautiful sunny day & I gladly soaked up the Vitamin D! I love the warmth & I hope it's here to stay! I even managed to get a bit of a sandal tan!


Today was a relatively quick day across the border after treatments & I decided I would muster up the courage to go out. I decided to visit Las Americas, the outlet mall, as it is close by & would only be a short distance home if I became too tired. 


Valentina & I boarded the bus & away we went. I noted the Travelodge on our way. Some of the patients at the Clinic have been staying there. It is only $37/night! They don't offer a shuttle service, so this would mean getting to the border on my own & then to the clinic & back on my own. A steal of a deal on the room, but I'm not sure if it's a great idea when I'm on my own. 


Once we found the outlet mall, it was fun to stroll around & check out what was new in the shops since my last visit. It brought back many memories of Laura & I visiting the best shops & finding the best deals! **Snif** It just isn't the same without her! :o( 


I tried on a sexxy pair of sunglasses, but they were the most expensive ones in the shop - go figure! I put them down & thought, 'Nope, not today.' I looked around the shop at the other shades & by the time I made it back around to 'my pair', a lady had bought them! I asked if he had more, but that was it! He sent me to their other location & they had them, but the arms were wobbly. The clerk assured me they had a 2 year warranty & I could send them in for repair. Why would I pay that much money only to have to send them away for ?? months??!! Crazy!!!


The shop I bought my Ugg boots from on my previous trip was open & the clerk even remembered me! Laura & I had been in & tried on some scarves. He remembered her too & asked how she was doing. It really makes you feel special when someone recognizes you months later & you thought they'd quickly forget who you were.


I kept thinking of my girlfriends as I was shopping - kids clothes for the Mom's, Banana Republic for Milla (she would have freaked right out - it was so cheap!), Coach for all the handbag lovers... 


I ended up stopping at Achiote's for some chicken sopes to go. It was already dark & I needed to get home. My feet were talking to me by now! I waited & waited & waited for the bus. Finally it came & I made my way home.


To my delight, Jenn was online when I checked my messages. We enjoyed a brilliant Skype chat & I'm missing her a lot! Her triathlon training is going fantastic! She's going to ace it! I'm so proud of her!


Anyhow, off to bed... Tomorrow is a busy day...
Love & hugs,
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Patiently waiting in the shuttle to cross the border.


Little Old Mexican Lady In Really Big Sombrero.


I send my dog out to play in traffic while I go to McDonald's. (This statement is entirely FALSE!)


Valentina's beloved green ball. She dug it out of my purse today.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there to enjoy the shopping with you! Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been