.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Day 161 - Is It April Already?!

Seriously? Where does the time go? I can't believe it's already April! Today there were a lot of goodbyes. Was it something I said? :o) 


I was the last one on the list to be called in for treatment, so needless to say, I didn't make the first shuttle back. Aaron, the lad from Dawson Creek, offered to take me to Whole Foods before he left for Yuma, however, it took so long to get through customs, he had to leave as soon as we got back. I decided to venture out on the public transit system & find my way to Whole Foods. 


I had been given directions the previous time I was here, but never went on my own. It took one hour to get there. I took a bus, the trolley, a bus, another bus & then walked a couple blocks. I spent about one hour in the most glorious health food store. EVER. I was excited to go home & eat! 


I stopped at Kiki Sushi across the street for some dinner & it was delish! The 2 sushi chefs were quite entertaining & made my visit an enjoyable one. Danny, Calvin, Andy, Julianna & Gabriel. My sushi chefs were Vietnamese & Chinese. Shows you how much I know about sushi!


After I finished my meal, it was a walk, a bus, another bus, the trolley & another bus.  I stopped off mid-trolley at the pet shop & they were just closing. I wanted to ask about a hard sided kennel for Valentina's cargo flight. :o( (!!!!) While I was talking to the clerk, a gentleman taps me on the shoulder & says, 'Hey! How are you!? It's been ages since I've seen you! How've you been?' I have NO IDEA who the guy is & I reluctantly say, 'I'm good. Nice to see you too...' Does he have any clue that I'm from another country & he MOST CERTAINLY hasn't seen me before??!! Crazy!


Then there's the P. Diddy wannabe I sat beside in the front of the bus on the way there. The 2 old guys sitting in front of me were telling me what bus to take to get where, when P. Diddy turns to me & says, 'What kind of perfume are you wearing? It smells like Diamond Pearl.' I smile & tell him it's Lolita Lempicka. He has no clue what I'm talking about. One of the old guys rolls his eyes & I just smile. Oh the joys of public transport.


I think I put my back out of whack when I lifted my suitcase onto the bed to unload the groceries from it. Yes, I shopped with my carry-on suitcase. Yes, the guys at Whole Foods commented on never having 'bagged' a suitcase before. Anyhow, here's hoping my back is back in action tomorrow! 


Have a great sleep & see you tomorrow!!! xxxx
Maria & Valentina


The girls getting gifts from the leavers


Aaron is really tall & Emily is a little short


Harvey's Brother & Sister in Law


My beloved Whole Foods!


Danny & Calvin whippin' up a storm


Yummy Sushi!


Waiting for the bus. There's a really raunchy XXX store across the street. I blushed just looking at the window displays!


Beautiful palm trees!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

What?!? No pictures of the XXX? JK :) I wish I could come and see the palm trees with you! And eat sushi, and go to Whole Foods. Hmmmmm, I'll have to talk to Mike about that one. Keep writing, love you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been